Possible to get config.ini settings for use in extra scripts?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
senorsmartypants

Possible to get config.ini settings for use in extra scripts?

Post by senorsmartypants »

I've written a couple scripts for post processing that use the ComicTagger library. I ran into an issue in mylar3 where I needed to properly set the settings path. I quickly hard coded it to the ct_settingspath value in my config.ini and then my script ran correctly.

Is there a way to get ini values from config.ini using a mylar library call? I know I could just read the ini file, but I'm hoping to find a way to do it without knowing any system paths (so my scripts will run and different installations, docker/non-docker/etc)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Possible to get config.ini settings for use in extra scripts?

Post by evilhero »

It's possible - albeit with some restrictions about what would be able to get returned (ie. apikeys, passwords and similar items would not be able to be returned for obvious reasons).

I'm not sure on a timetable for when it would get introduced however. I've been trying to knock some big items off for a long time now, and haven't been able to do it - but it might have some merit being implemented at some point once I can get some headway done on the big ones.
senorsmartypants

Re: Possible to get config.ini settings for use in extra scripts?

Post by senorsmartypants »

No rush at all. Especially since this is something a person would have to update once when the script is installed and then forget about it.

Keep up the good work.