Import my 32P watchlist into Mylar

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
IamOKAW

Import my 32P watchlist into Mylar

Post by IamOKAW »

I want to add all the comics I watch in 32P (a very large list, comprising almost all DC & Marvel books plus many IDW & Image). Finding them one by one under "this week" and adding them seems to be the only way to add a book. Is there a faster way? Ideally, could I import from 32Pages?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Import my 32P watchlist into Mylar

Post by evilhero »

The only methods to add series into Mylar is to use the Weekly Page as you've already indicated, or the search bar at the top of every screen. But even doing that you can only do it one at a time.

The problem with importing from 32P - is that Mylar uses ComicVine as it's datasource (and thereby everything is assigned via ComicIDs). 32P does not use this distinction anywhere where it could be used by Mylar, so it would have to be matched based on name alone, and that's just a nightmare to get done properly.

So while it can be done even via an external script or json file (containing just the comicid and series title), that's probably not going to happen very easily from a built-in Mylar perspective at least.