Error on Import

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
srosner

Error on Import

Post by srosner »

Import seems to be broken. When I try to scan comic library, i get the following error:
2017-02-14 15:02:15 ERROR [IMPORT] Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\mylar-master\\cache\\temp.zip'
2017-02-14 15:02:15 INFO [IMPORT-CBZ} Attempting to read tags present in filename: c:\tv\comics\3 Floyds - Alpha King 03 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla).cbz

lil help?

temp.zip seems to be a file created by mylar then claimed it doesn't have permissions to - i am not sure what it is trying to do with it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Error on Import

Post by evilhero »

srosner wrote:Import seems to be broken. When I try to scan comic library, i get the following error:
2017-02-14 15:02:15 ERROR [IMPORT] Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\mylar-master\\cache\\temp.zip'
2017-02-14 15:02:15 INFO [IMPORT-CBZ} Attempting to read tags present in filename: c:\tv\comics\3 Floyds - Alpha King 03 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Faessla).cbz

lil help?

temp.zip seems to be a file created by mylar then claimed it doesn't have permissions to - i am not sure what it is trying to do with it.
It's trying to create the temp.zip file in order to extract the metadata from the cbz file (it copies the .cbz file into the mylar cache and names it temp.zip).

So basically, either the user running Mylar doesn't have the full permissions to it's own cache directory, or the user running Mylar doesn't have the proper permissions to be able to copy the file from it's original location.
srosner

Post by srosner »

evilhero wrote:
srosner wrote:Import seems to be broken. When I try to scan comic library, i get the following error:

lil help?

It's trying to create the temp.zip file in order to extract the metadata from the cbz file (it copies the .cbz file into the mylar cache and names it temp.zip).

So basically, either the user running Mylar doesn't have the full permissions to it's own cache directory, or the user running Mylar doesn't have the proper permissions to be able to copy the file from it's original location.
Thanks for the response. That seems to match my interpretation as well, but how could that happen? More importantly how can I resolve?

02/14/2017 11:58 AM 2,420,268 BUILTIN\Administrators temp.jpg
02/14/2017 11:58 AM 48,180,674 BUILTIN\Administrators temp.zip
168 File(s) 110,672,717 bytes
2 Dir(s) 17,824,608,256 bytes free

when I run as administrator, this is what i see. It is created by the same user that is now trying to access it.

I can delete the file and try to run the scan again and it will re-create, and then error that it can't access the file it created....
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

How are you running Mylar and what user is logged in / actually running Mylar?

It's a straight-up permissions problem that's localized to your Windows installation - there's not much I can do on this side to fix things unfortunately.

What you need to do is make sure that the user that's running Mylar has proper permissions to the entire directory structure of Mylar. So if you installed Mylar as Administrator, but you're signed on using a non-administrator account - you're pretty much screwed in running things as is. You'd need to either wipe the install and install it as a non-administrator, or change the permissions for the entire mylar directory structure to allow the user to run things.
srosner

Post by srosner »

evilhero wrote:How are you running Mylar and what user is logged in / actually running Mylar?

It's a straight-up permissions problem that's localized to your Windows installation - there's not much I can do on this side to fix things unfortunately.

What you need to do is make sure that the user that's running Mylar has proper permissions to the entire directory structure of Mylar. So if you installed Mylar as Administrator, but you're signed on using a non-administrator account - you're pretty much screwed in running things as is. You'd need to either wipe the install and install it as a non-administrator, or change the permissions for the entire mylar directory structure to allow the user to run things.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. I am running Mylar as an administrator in Windows 10, and this is a new issue. In fact it worked less than a week ago and abruptly stopped working and started throwing this error. I will see if messing around with permissions could make a difference but again, logically - the user running Mylar would be the one creating the file, so that would also be the user trying to access the file. neither users, both as a function of the process.