Large mylar.log.1

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
F688

Re: Large mylar.log.1

Post by F688 »

Sorry the CuddleBear92 / Ubooquity-Themes Page Builder that was part of the Ubooquity - Comixology Theme V2 download
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I"m not familiar with the script (I just googled and looked at it) - but I believe the version of series.json that's being written out by that script is not compatible with the version that's being written out by Mylar.

The one Mylar writes out has much more information and is able to use the new elements with the newer version of the Ubooquity theme (I've had lengthy conversations with ScooterPSU and we came up with the series.json as it stands now that's usable by the theme as well as other applications in the future possibly).

We might have to look into some kind of conversion process if those are actually causing problems for whatever reason.
F688

Post by F688 »

I don't think that is the case since I was unable to figure out how to run the script. And when I asked ScooterPSU on the Ubooquity forum about two weeks aqo he recommended that I use Mylar to generate the series.json files.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep, Mylar does generate the series.json and should work fine with the CX theme by ScooterPSU. And going forward, based on the work that we both have done in regards to trying to get it standardised between the two applications, you should be using Mylar to generate the series.json to be able to see all the available series data within Ubooquity ( I can't remember if one of his scripts can generates it ).

The reason why I asked about CX is because the description that's coming back from the series.json file that was causing problems had the CX series description in it - not the ComicVine description (which just says 'Ongoing series' and Mylar only retrieves data from CV). So that data got in there somewhere / somehow as Mylar is loading it directly from the series.json itself, the question at this point - is the how part.
F688

Post by F688 »

I looked at the last issues in both series and found that they had ComicInfo.xml that were originally scraped from Comixology. I added them to the MEGA folder. Typically, when I get a cbz I retag it using comictagger (CV). I must had missed scraping those two.

I'm still in the process of refreshing so I will monitor to see if the issue replicates. Thanks