Joker #1 pointing to wrong title

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
KesselRogue

Joker #1 pointing to wrong title

Post by KesselRogue »

It looks like there is a new DC comic called Joker coming out this week but it's pointing to some old 1969 series called Joker in CV.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Joker #1 pointing to wrong title

Post by evilhero »

Yeah it's a problem btwn the different sites trying to amalgamate the data together. CV doesn't list new series until the 1st issue comes out (since they have said they only deal in published material, not "upcoming" materials), the backend that Mylar uses however knew there was a new series coming out - but it couldn't tie it to any CV data to match it up to.

So since CV didn't have a Joker listed at all, whereas Mylar knew there was a Joker issue coming out but couldn't find the data for it - it mistakingly took a match for it that was named the same, but from a completely different publisher and year.

It doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough that it causes some problems for users trying to get a specific issue. I'm looking at updating the backend so that it'll display series that can't match up to CV - albeit that comes with it's own special set of problems too that I'm trying to deal with.

FYI. Should have mentioned this first, because it was a DC publication the series and issue both got added to CV on Monday and as such it would have updated accordingly within Mylar (after a ReCreate Pullist or the automatic poll every couple hours).
KesselRogue

Re: Joker #1 pointing to wrong title

Post by KesselRogue »

Cool thanks for the info. Good to know. It looks like everything worked itself out eventually, I just had to remove the old series which is no big deal.