fail to start after update

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
MaRzE

fail to start after update

Post by MaRzE »

Hi, some help please with recovering my mylar3 installation.
I am running Mylar3 python-dev branch
I am on MacOS Cataline 10.15.7
Python is the system version 3.8.2
I am using SABNZB+ 3.1.1
Usenet to find comics via several indexers.

Mylar was running ok, but not getting issues. I did a check for updates and it came back with updates available, for which I clicked on update.
Mylar stopped but did not restart. I have not been able to get it to restart since.

Issuing start command in terminal (python3 /Applications/Mylar/mylar.py -dv) results in:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Mylar/mylar.py", line 26, in <module>
import mylar
File "/Applications/Mylar/mylar/__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
from mylar import logger, versioncheckit, rsscheckit, searchit, weeklypullit, PostProcessor, updater, helpers
File "/Applications/Mylar/mylar/weeklypullit.py", line 20, in <module>
from mylar import logger, helpers, weeklypull
File "/Applications/Mylar/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 33, in <module>
from mylar import db, updater, helpers, logger, newpull, importer, mb, locg
File "/Applications/Mylar/mylar/updater.py", line 1516
<<<<<<< HEAD
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Last lines of the log file are:
24-Feb-2021 19:46:21 - INFO :: mylar.main.373 : MAIN : Received signal: update
24-Feb-2021 19:46:21 - INFO :: mylar.halt.1373 : MAIN : Shutting down the background schedulers...
24-Feb-2021 19:46:21 - DEBUG :: mylar.queue_schedule.570 : MAIN : Terminating the NZB auto-complete queue thread
24-Feb-2021 19:46:23 - INFO :: mylar.nzb_monitor.3239 : AUTO-COMPLETE-NZB : Cleaning up workers for shutdown
24-Feb-2021 19:46:23 - DEBUG :: mylar.queue_schedule.574 : MAIN : Joined pool for termination - successful
24-Feb-2021 19:46:23 - INFO :: mylar.shutdown.1402 : MAIN : Mylar is updating...
24-Feb-2021 19:46:23 - DEBUG :: mylar.runGit.44 : MAIN : Trying to execute: git pull origin python3-dev with shell in /Applications/Mylar
24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - DEBUG :: mylar.runGit.46 : MAIN : Git output: CompletedProcess(args='git pull origin python3-dev', returncode=1, stdout='Auto-merging mylar/webserve.py\nAuto-merging mylar/updater.py\nCONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mylar/updater.py\nAuto-merging mylar/mb.py\nAuto-merging mylar/helpers.py\nAuto-merging mylar/config.py\nAuto-merging mylar/__init__.py\nAutomatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.\n', stderr='From https://github.com/mylar3/mylar3\n * branch python3-dev -> FETCH_HEAD\n + a57aaf6...9925500 python3-dev -> origin/python3-dev (forced update)\n')
24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - ERROR :: mylar.runGit.54 : MAIN : Encountered error: From https://github.com/mylar3/mylar3
* branch python3-dev -> FETCH_HEAD
+ a57aaf6...9925500 python3-dev -> origin/python3-dev (forced update)

24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - DEBUG :: mylar.runGit.44 : MAIN : Trying to execute: /usr/local/git/bin/git pull origin python3-dev with shell in /Applications/Mylar
24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - DEBUG :: mylar.runGit.46 : MAIN : Git output: CompletedProcess(args='/usr/local/git/bin/git pull origin python3-dev', returncode=127, stdout='', stderr='/bin/sh: /usr/local/git/bin/git: No such file or directory\n')
24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - ERROR :: mylar.runGit.54 : MAIN : Encountered error: /bin/sh: /usr/local/git/bin/git: No such file or directory

24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - INFO :: mylar.shutdown.1413 : MAIN : Mylar is restarting...
24-Feb-2021 19:46:26 - INFO :: mylar.shutdown.1421 : MAIN : Restarting Mylar with ['/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/python3', '/Applications/Mylar/mylar.py', '-dv']

Any help in resolving the problem would be much appreciated. While I am technically 'savvy', I am not a programmer or regular user of git.

Thanks.
MaRzE
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: fail to start after update

Post by evilhero »

How did you install Mylar3 originally - was it via git clone or did you download the zip from the github page?

It's trying to use git to update, but it can't find the executable on your system so it's throwing that error. Does the git executable exist in /usr/local/git/bin/git?

Otherwise, there were some force merges we had to do in git - which ended up screwing up some things for some users.

Assuming you don't have any local changes that you've done to the mylar files themselves (aside from the config.ini, etc) - you could try to cd into that directory (from the command line), and issue a git reset --hard origin/python3-dev which is basically telling git to hammer all your local files and overwrite everything with clean copies from the github repo (It won't affect your mylar.db, or config.ini files). You should see HEAD is now at 573e482 Update requirements.txt in the command line as a result of the git reset command.

Once you do that, and it spits out what the HEAD is at at, you should do a git pull just to make sure you get any additional updates since then and then start up Mylar and you should be clear and away from then on.
MaRzE

Re: fail to start after update

Post by MaRzE »

Thanks @evilhero !!
I think it was the forced merges. Your instructions worked perfectly. All up and running again.