Mylar3 issues

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
crazyleo

Mylar3 issues

Post by crazyleo »

Hello there,

So after a long time out of the scene, I tried to setup a new docker image on my qnap. everything is installed & somewhat working ok. However, a few issues / queries:

1) I added DSlug via newznab API. tested ok & everything but I keep getting "Error not an encryption that I recognize" message in logs.
2) No successful downloads from Dslug.
3) Turned on the DDL option & a few issues downloaded but not all. Would appreciate if someone could explain how this works.
4) Sad to see 32pis gone. I was a member. No WWT either. Is there another alternative?
5) Also get, "[WARNING] Considering this particular download as invalid and will ignore this result."
6) Also get, "[WARNING] Unable to retrieve remote file size - this is usually due to the page being behind a different click-bait/ad page. Error returned as : 'content-length'"

Would appreciate some help.
leaderdog

Re: Mylar3 issues

Post by leaderdog »

I won't be much help, but...

DSlug doesn't index the proper comic groups. you need althub or geek for that, I'm sure there are others too. but Dslug has next to nothing for comics. I'm sure if you request it, they'd probably start indexing the correct group(s).

I've never used ddl or torrents with mylar, get everything via usenet,

Even with an indexer, or any of the other options you tried that supports comics it will be slow to get the issues downloaded because comicvine is so very slow at updating the new releases. It took me until today (Sunday) to have all the new issues downloaded because of comicvine. And bless their hearts, I believe it's just one guy doing it, but still it's horrible. I keep checking and then do "maintenance" to find out if it's something wrong with Mylar, or if comicvine is dead slow. I could/can just download everything off the usegroups at once, but it's still no point since Mylar can't do anything with them until Comicvine updates.

I was coming here to make a post and stopped to reply to yours.

I hope that helps a bit, sorry can't help more.
crazyleo

Post by crazyleo »

Thanks. It does help a little. I didn't know about the issue with comicvine. I will try to put a request with DS to see if they are willing to do something about the categories.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

A few of the regulars in IRC use DSlug but I found it lacking in terms of what I was wanting, so I dropped it in favor of althub, which I've been using for a long while so while I'm not entirely sure about them not indexing the right groups, what leaderdog says does align what with I saw.

DDL takes a little while to really get going, but it will pick up a lot of things. I use it in conjunction with my manual DC++ and automated newsgroup downloading. It's kind of black magick trickery, but it works out pretty well especially for the brand new stuff.

Since 32p is gone, basically the only real alternative is DC++ but that's not (yet) automated, so it's kind of a hassle but it's worth it, because that's where the vast majority of the 0-day comics will be sent first, then filter out to everything else from there. There's other trackers that also do 0-day packs, but they're usually a week or two delayed.
crazyleo

Post by crazyleo »

Ok. Now I'm noticing on the console window this error message:

" ERROR :: mylar.initialize.187 : MAIN : [ERROR] Port 8090 is in use on 0.0.0.0."

"Failed to start on port: 8090. Is something else running?"

However, it works fine when I browse to the url. Does anyone know if this is a known bug.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The system isn't restarting. It's a glitch of some kind with the restart when using docker that can happen for some reason.

You'll probably have to restart the container or shutdown Mylar instead of using the restart option within Mylar for the most consistency.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Evilhero is correct about dslug. I checked and they do index the correct newsgroup, they must not have their regex up to date.

It seems they have some headers, but not the files themselves. They have the pars listed from one poster, but none of the files.

If you've already paid for dslug, maybe they'll be kind and accommodate by fixing the regex, otherwise, looking at althub or geek is the next best option.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I missed the initial question with the numbering so I'll quickly hit those:

1. The encryption error is related to mylar trying to decode an ini value that it thinks is encrypted. Normally most people don't have the encrypt_passwords = True, so with it being set to False (by default), it might come across something it thinks is encrypted but it's not. Unless you have the option enabled, it's safe to ignore these.
2. Like both leaderdog & Offspring have mentioned, probably need a different indexer.
3. DDL uses getcomic as the site it searches on. It will only download specific issues if they match up to what it's looking for, as well as if the actual ddl links resolve to something that's reachable/downloadable.
4. Nope. Nothing as good as 32p. You can try ettv, but you'd probably have to use it in conjunction with Jackett.
5. Related to DDL and not being able to resolve a link properly so it can't initiate the download.
6. Related to DDL and not being able to resolve a link properly OR they changed the previous link so that it's now behind a pay-to-use kinda aspect.

Both 5 & 6 are related and due to basically not finding a match that's usable. Mylar will just ignore them and keep searching until it can find something usually - which is why it's important to not just rely on one provider aspect and couple it with a decent indexer so that you can get better coverage in search results.
crazyleo

Post by crazyleo »

evilhero wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:49 pm The system isn't restarting. It's a glitch of some kind with the restart when using docker that can happen for some reason.
You'll probably have to restart the container or shutdown Mylar instead of using the restart option within Mylar for the most consistency.
That's the thing. I have shut down the container & done a cold boot but still get this error while container is going through boot sequence.
leaderdog wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:11 pm Evilhero is correct about dslug. I checked and they do index the correct newsgroup, they must not have their regex up to date.
It seems they have some headers, but not the files themselves. They have the pars listed from one poster, but none of the files.
If you've already paid for dslug, maybe they'll be kind and accommodate by fixing the regex, otherwise, looking at althub or geek is the next best option.
Thanks. Yes, I'm a paid member so will reach out to their support.
evilhero wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:20 pm I missed the initial question with the numbering so I'll quickly hit those:
I see DC++ being mentioned a lot of time. Would there be a possible integration in future for this?