Post Processing Issues

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
judgeholden999

Post Processing Issues

Post by judgeholden999 »

First, thank you for the awesome program. I'm still learning how to use it after using sickbeard/couchpotato for the last year or so. I'm having issues getting Sab to post process any of the files. It's dumping them in my 'downloads complete' folder, from where it would ideally move them to my 'my comics' folder. I think that I've followed the instructions regarding the sabscripts well enough. I updated the config file and renamed it. All 3 scrip related files are in my Sab script folder. Sab and Mylar both see 'comics' as the tag, and Sab is set up to run ComicRN.py. I dont know if it's related, but when I manually post process it works mostly. I'll note that sab and mylar are on the same pc.

I'm getting this error:

"Exit(1) operable program or batch file. (More) -'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

I realize you may need more information so just let me know. Any help is appreciated.

PS 2 other questions I haven't found answers to. Is there a way to prioritize NZB vs torrents? I seem was only grabbing torrents after enabling that option, where I still want to go through Sab whenever possible (I'd like torrents for older issues etc). Also, there seems to be an issue with manual post processing ignoring files with numbers with 0's in front, ie the walking dead 002 2013 will be ignored. Is there a way to ensure the program sees 2, 02, and 002 as the same? Let me know if I should repost these secondary issues separately.

Thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Post Processing Issues

Post by evilhero »

Well the python error is related to Sabnzbd, wishing is actually fairly easy to fix - since you're running on Windows you need to set the PATH environment for python so when it executes the 'ComicRN.py' script from within SABnzbd it knows where to find the python.exe file.

From a DOS command prompt, type :

path

You'll probably notice that python doesn't appear in the list. So to add it, from the DOS command prompt still, issue a :

SET PATH=%PATH%; cu:\Python2.7

(just replace the c:\Python2.7 with whatever your path to python is) You'll have to restart Windows for the new path to take effect.

The prioritizing of providers is 'in the pipe' so to speak.. The framework is already present in the code, but it just needs to be fine tuned abit along with some alterations to the configuration. Expect it either justbefore tthe new year, or shortly thereafter.

The manual post-processing is another issue I believe I already fixed, but didn't push up the commit as of yet due to some testing issues. Normally it should take the value of the issue, however with the walking dead example (I'm not sure if that's the formatting of your filename or not), if a series isn't in the series-issue-year.cbr kind of format then mar may not be able to determine the issue. For the 2nd issue of the walking dead, the issue year shouldn't be 2013 as it should match what Mylar has listed in the issues section for the series.

On my phone atm, so kinda hard to type alot - but feel free to ask questions if you need further help.
judgeholden999

Post by judgeholden999 »

I was able to fix the post processing by adding the path so thank you! I've just turned off torrents for now, as usenet is fine going forward. I was mostly using torrents to get back issues since I had just set it up.

For the manual post processing, my example wasn't great considering the 2nd issue of walking dead wasn't in 2013 :). There were a few of other 2013 series that were downloaded using the 000 format and Mylar wasn't able to match those to the cbr format. It doesn't seem to be an issue when post processing is automatic. No big deal though as I will just manually change the file name and then run them through post processing again. Thanks again.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

judgeholden999 wrote:For the manual post processing, my example wasn't great considering the 2nd issue of walking dead wasn't in 2013 :). There were a few of other 2013 series that were downloaded using the 000 format and Mylar wasn't able to match those to the cbr format. It doesn't seem to be an issue when post processing is automatic. No big deal though as I will just manually change the file name and then run them through post processing again. Thanks again.
If you can provide the filenames for the given files that Mylar isn't picking up in the manual post-processing it would help me to make sure it's working when I do push it out ( I like to test with the problematic naming rather than just guessing as to what the filenames are). The automatic processing vs. manual processing are two different modules really - with automatic processing Mylar already knows the series and issue so processing is fairly straightforward. With manual processing, because it doesn't know either the series or issue number before the processing portion begins, it has to parse and then attempt to determine if the series matches in your watchlist and are all correct. I'll definitely look into this if you can provide the filenaming as I heavily use the manual-processing when it comes to torrents and retrieving items from my torrent client.
evildollar

Post by evildollar »

I seem to have everything else working but I keep getting this error;
/volume1/public/SABnzbd/autoProcessTv/ComicRN.py: line 6: syntax error: unexpected newline

any help would be much appreciated.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

evildollar wrote:I seem to have everything else working but I keep getting this error;
/volume1/public/SABnzbd/autoProcessTv/ComicRN.py: line 6: syntax error: unexpected newline

any help would be much appreciated.
I believe it's because it can't locate the module or there's some extra character on line 6 that's stopping the import of a module. Make sure you're on the most recent commit (development, but Master is ok for this part as well), and re-copy the ComicRN.py and autoProcessComics.py files from within the <mylarroot>/sabnzbd/ directory and copy it into your SABnzbd scripts directory overwriting the existing ones - then try again and see if that helps at all.

Is it possible that you edited the ComicRN.py file by mistake ?
evildollar

Post by evildollar »

Yeah it looked like I must have corrupted the file it works now. But when it process the file from the download folder to comic folder it puts all the comics in another folder. eg Ghosted\Ghosted - 001 (2013)\Ghosted - 001 (2013).cbr
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

evildollar wrote:Yeah it looked like I must have corrupted the file it works now. But when it process the file from the download folder to comic folder it puts all the comics in another folder. eg Ghosted\Ghosted - 001 (2013)\Ghosted - 001 (2013).cbr
I would think that there may be something incorrect in your Folder Format string located in the Advanced tab in the configuration. For the format you stated for Ghost, it should be: $Series ($Year)
Don't have any trailing slashes in the format and make sure the file format doesn't have any as well.