[SOLVED] Problems getting Mylar set up on Windows

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
comicbookreader

Re: Problems getting Mylar set up on Windows

Post by comicbookreader »

Error !

TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

84 Unknown
85 %elif comic['ForceContinuing'] == 1:
86 Continuing
87 %elif 'present' in comic['ComicPublished'].lower() or ( helpers.today()[:4] in comic['LatestDate']):
88 <%
89 latestdate = comic['LatestDate']
90 c_date = datetime.date(int(latestdate[:4]),int(latestdate[5:7]),1)
91 n_date = datetime.date.today()
92 recentchk = (n_date - c_date).days
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\data/interfaces/default/index.html, line 87:
%elif 'present' in comic['ComicPublished'].lower() or ( helpers.today()[:4] in comic['LatestDate']):
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\data/interfaces/default/base.html, line 78:
${next.body()}
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mako\runtime.py, line 718:
callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mako\runtime.py, line 692:
_exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mako\runtime.py, line 660:
**_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mako\template.py, line 296:
return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mylar\webserve.py, line 52:
return template.render(**kwargs)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep that's the error I was thinking it was.
For more details on it, you can find the issue here :

https://github.com/evilhero/mylar/issues/568
comicbookreader

After shutting down and restarting Mylar, I've gotten this error:

21-Nov-2013 07:14:33 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for Wonder Woman issue: 5 (2012) using experimental
Exception in thread Thread-13:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mylar\search.py", line 1325, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(comic['ComicName'], result['Issue_Number'], str(ComicYear), comic['ComicYear'], IssueDate, result['IssueID'], AlternateSearch,
UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=None, IssueArcID=None, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=result['ComicID'])
File "P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mylar\search.py", line 328, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, nzbprov, nzbpr, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, Iss
ueArcID=IssueArcID, ComicID=ComicID)
File "P:\Software\Mylar\mylar-development\mylar\search.py", line 831, in NZB_SEARCH
if splitit[(len(splitit)-1)].isdigit():
IndexError: list index out of range

While there are a few minor glitches here and there which I'm sure you'll be able to get fixed, they aren't a big deal. I'm loving Mylar. It is very easy to use and very functional.

Any chance you could add a weekly reading list function? Instead of storing the comic for each week into a specific folder, I'd like to get a ComicRack reading list for each week. It would also be nice to be able to use the "This Week" functionality for past shipping lists. So far, that and being able to add multiple series at a time are the only two things that Mylar doesn't already have that I'd like. EvilHero, you've done a great job with it!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'll look into that exception error - the type that you just had is usually due to using the Experimental search and the parser not being able to parse any digits from the nzb name (or it just got confused by some weird characters). I just tried adding the same issue with Experimental and got the exact same error, so it's a coding issue with the parser - I'll see if I can get it going so it won't error out.

As far as reading lists - there are reading lists available already in Mylar (under the Manage tab, Advanced, Reading List Management) in which you can manage what you've read vs. what you haven't but I threw it together really quickly and haven't really revisited it as of yet due to other things happening within Mylar that required my attention moreso.

There is also the Store in Weekly Directory option in the Weekly Pull list...which basically does what you need albeit in a very rough way. When the option is checked off, Mylar will create a directory in the format of yyyy-mm-dd under your Comic Location root. Any and all issues that are in that week's pullist, will be downloaded normally and placed in the appropriate directories as well as copying them into this weekly directory. Thereby, you can just 'sync' this one folder to see what's new for the week. Now that's probably not what you meant, but it would also be fairly easy to just have an external file that holds all the new comics for a given week (theoretically anyways).

The past weekly lists have been brought up before, and it would be easy to get going since previous lists are all readily available - just a matter of getting the code right for it which just requires me sitting down and coding it ;)

If you have any suggestions for improvements or whatnot, I'm always open to including things and thanks very much for the kind words on the program! It's always good to hear that people are having better success using it than not (or at least making it worthwhile enough to use).
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

21-Nov-2013 10:25:35 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for Wonder Woman issue: 5 (2012) using experimental [RSS]
21-Nov-2013 10:25:35 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Couldn't find Issue 5 of Wonder Woman(2012). Status kept as wanted.
21-Nov-2013 10:25:35 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for Wonder Woman issue: 5 (2012) using experimental
21-Nov-2013 10:25:37 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Found Wonder Woman (2012) issue: 5 using experimental
21-Nov-2013 10:25:37 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Successfully sent nzb file to SABnzbd
And we're fixed on that - hope to commit up the change soon ;)
comicbookreader

Wow. That was a fast fix.