Can't add series or scan my files on Synology Diskstation

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Oizo

Can't add series or scan my files on Synology Diskstation

Post by Oizo »

When I try to add any series to my pull list I get the following in the logs:
2014-11-15 14:33:33 INFO [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /volume1/Comics/ComicsNew/Nightcrawler (2014)
2014-11-15 14:33:33 WARNING [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /volume1/Comics/ComicsNew/Nightcrawler (2014)
2014-11-15 14:33:31 INFO Sucessfully retrieved details for Nightcrawler
2014-11-15 14:33:31 INFO Now adding/updating: Nightcrawler

and when trying to scan the my comics folder:
2014-11-15 14:44:17 ERROR Unable to complete the scan: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
2014-11-15 14:44:17 WARNING Cannot find directory: /volume1/Comics/ComicsNew/. Not scanning

Apparently it is not recognizing my folder - but this should be the path, at least it works for nzbdrone and couch potato

What actually works is downloading single files by clicking on "one off"

I have switched to the latest development build and I have been trying for hours now why it is not working.
Does anybody have a clue what I could be doing wrong here?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Can't add series or scan my files on Synology Diskstatio

Post by evilhero »

It could be any number of things, but as a breakdown of things to check / try :

Can't add a series
- Do you have your own ComicVine API key specified?
- Does the user running mylar have proper permissions to your Comic Location directory? (/volume1/Comics/ComicsNew)
- check the mylar.log file to see if there's any additional information as it holds all the debugging levels, and isn't displayed in the GUI.

Scan A Folder
- Scanning a folder will only import in issues for which you don't already have in your watchlist. The nonetype error points towards some kind of permission problem or that it literally can't find the path for some reason.
- Your Comic Location (where mylar puts all of the post-processed files and does its file scanning) should be different than your scanning directory

What's the development version of mylar that you are running?
Oizo

Post by Oizo »

The version is Version: 395ca8b75c9a772c67f61183316db9032d67c5b3 (development)
Adding the series works now, that was apparently a rights issue

Currently my comics are just organized in weekly folders, not by series, but I want to change that.
I can see that Mylar ist scanning the folders in the logfile. But it neither moves any files into the newly created series folders, not adds any series found during the scan to the pull list.
Or did I missunderstand the concept?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish as an end result.

If you have the series on your watchlist already and you just want mylar to add them to the series directory and do the typical post-processing, you should be using the Manual post-processing option on the Manage tab / Manual Post-processing. Point it to the root folder that you want it to go through, and it will recursively post-process each issue that it can find that has a corresponding series on your watchlist.

If you have issues that aren't in your watchlist, but you want to add them - then you need to use the Scan Directory option on the Manage tab. Once the scan is finished you'll have to go to the importresults screen (I can't recall if there's a button on the Scan Directory tab), which you can find under Manage/Advanced Options/importResults Management.