Searches stopped working - You have 0 search providers...

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
stevvers

Searches stopped working - You have 0 search providers...

Post by stevvers »

Everything was working fine last night, but now search seems to have stopped working. The exact log message I receive when searching is:
[WARNING] You have 0 search providers enabled. I need at least ONE provider to work. Aborting search.
Obviously I have search providers enabled - both DogNZB & NZB.su. I've been slowly configuring Mylar to my liking, so I'm not exactly sure what I changed to cause this behaviour, but I believe this has happened since I 'reinstalled' the development build of Mylar. I had previously extracted this over the top of a master build, and I was getting a few internal errors about files not being up to date. So I exported my config.ini, my Mylar.db and my cache, deleted and re-extracted the development build before copying back my collection info. I'm pretty sure it's since then that I've been unable to search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Searches stopped working - You have 0 search providers..

Post by evilhero »

This is usually caused by not restarting mylar after
any sort of configuration change was done (especially disabling a provider).

Easy to fix:

shutdown mylar and edit your config.ini file. Within the config.ini file there's a variable in there called provider_order. Simply delete the entire line (yes wipe the line completely but don't leave any blank lines within the config.ini afterwards). Then save the config.ini and startup mylar and it should realign the order again to what you have enabled for providers.
stevvers

Re: Searches stopped working - You have 0 search providers..

Post by stevvers »

You're right, that was easy to fix! Thanks heaps.