Weird Problem, not downloading

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
stodge

Weird Problem, not downloading

Post by stodge »

Hi,

I have a weird problem where I cannot seem to download new comics and when it's trying to access my existing files i just get a continuing spinning status. I've included a screen shot of the status hanging as well as some errors reported in the logs which are likely the cause. Any advice to clear this issue would be appreciated.

http://cl.ly/XpGs

http://cl.ly/Xp0v

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Weird Problem, not downloading

Post by evilhero »

I'm betting the series you're trying to download has some incorrect issue data in it- which is resulting in the refresh failing. That or the fact that the log indicates that it has the incorrect credentials for the provider you're using.

Try refreshing the given series and seeing if that fixes things. Once the refresh completes ok, you should be able to see the issue data on the series page - if any dates have a 0000-00-00 then that's the problem when it comes to searching (or it will be at some point).

Try the Refresh Series ( or even delete the series from Mylar and re-add it again)...and then post back and we can go from there.

PS. the mylar.log file holds alot more information that the GUI log, so you probably want to look in there when it comes to troubleshooting.
stodge

Post by stodge »

I've deleted the affected comic series but now when i try to search for it again (or any comic at all) there are no search results so I cannot seem to add the comic again!

I'm stumped.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The only thing I can suggest , which may be abit extreme but you can send your mylar.db and config.ini to me and I'll side load themy and see if I can duplicate the issues you're experiencing.

Just blank out your api keys though from your config.ini first ;)
TheLabRatt

Post by TheLabRatt »

The next thing that comes to mind for me is to check that you've got your "Comic Location Path" set correctly and that Mylar has access to it.
I've been seeing that when I first spin up a new installation (for testing builds) I invariably forget to set that and get baffled by the lack of search results.
[edit: I've just tested by removing the path and running a search but everything worked. That might not be it, but it might be worth checking...]
stodge

Post by stodge »

Evilhero, i've sent a Dropbox link to the files requested.

TheLabRatt, i've already tried that (unsuccessfully) but thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well I checked out the files - and ran it on my local repo and aside from the normal type of errors when doing the side-loading (usually just config ini values that don't exist), your ComicVine API is being declared as None in your config.ini - which means it's defaulting to the generic one that's supplied by Mylar but won't work as it's being shared amongst the general population. So I ran Mylar with an CV API key specified, and never received any errors on Refreshing a Series. Then I ran Mylar as you had the CV API Key defined in your config.ini (declared as None), and got your exact problem - the site_detail_url error and the loading...in the logs at the very beginning it states:
WARNING :: Thread-12 : You have not specified your own ComicVine API key - alot of things will be limited. Get your own @ http://api.comicvine.com.
Do you have your own ComicVine API Key identified within the mylar configuration and/or is it correct?

The other error that came up was in regards to the Judge Dredd Magazine #264 and related to it not being able to decipher an experimental search result properly - which can happen from time to time but happens so infrequently that unless I'm told about it, I can never fix it properly ;) That being said - it will be fixed in the next development commit so you can at least get past that searching point.
stodge

Post by stodge »

Just double checked my ComicVine API and it is entered and correct as listed on the ComicVine website.

I'm happy to supply this if it helps.

Cheers
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Sure throw me the cv api that your using from the config.ini (not the gui). Curious, when was the last time you restarted mylar?
stodge

Post by stodge »

Restarted several times and even updated but no change. API on its way to you.