[SOLVED] Scan Comic Library

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
faba

[SOLVED] Scan Comic Library

Post by faba »

Hy,

I have been trying to use the Scan Library feature but couldn't get it to work. I enter the path to my library and press "Save Changes and Scan" but nonthing happen, even in the log there are no traces of a scan. Am I doing something wrong?

regards

Faba
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Scan Comic Library

Post by evilhero »

EDIT.
Ok, there was a big mistake with the html that was being used for the Scan. It was failing to pass over a required variable and because of it, no scanning was ever taking place :( I'm going to be pushing out the fix momentarily to the development build, which should allow people to use the function again. My apologies...

No you're not doing anything wrong - it probably has scanned in all of the issues, but unless you're looking at the mylar.log file you wouldn't see anything in the GUI log.

After you do the 'Save and Scan', you need to flip to the importResults screen. You can do this one of two ways, either via the Manage tab, or manually enter the url : http://<mylaradress>/importResults

From that screen you'll see the series that it has detected, as well as any series' that it thinks are on your watchlist currently. You have to confirm any series that are on your watchlist in the Watchlist section at the very bottom..once confirmed it will appear in the list 'to be imported'...

TBH, I haven't revisited the section in a while - I know that if you don't have your series' in a structure like <Series>/<Series> <issue> (year).cbr it may fail to properly figure out the information via filename parsing, but you never know until you try. I'm more than willing to help out with any issues, but I know there are some lingering ones that relate to the folder structure and thereby naming convention (ie. you have the Series folder, then within that folder you have the issues, but they lack a series year (or volume year) which Mylar uses to idenitfy the series properly).

If you have a folder of comics that you want to import that ARE on your watchlist already - it's probably easier to run the manual post-processing on the folder. If a series is found that isn't on your watchlist, Mylar ignores it - it just tries to post-process series that exist in your watchlist. The Manual Post-Processing option can be found in the Manage tab.