ComicVine stops responding during large search

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
McRam

ComicVine stops responding during large search

Post by McRam »

Lately I seem to have an issue with performing a large seach for series in ComicVine via their API. When searching for example for Captain America in the search box I now get a warning in the log:

Code: Select all

"[WARNING] ComicVine is not responding correctly at the moment. This is usually due to some problems on their end. If you re-try things again in a few moments, it might work properly."
I also get an error page in my browser tab for Mylar or the page never refreshes for the results (which makes sense). Until recently I never had any issues performing these searches. I am running the docker version of Mylar on my Synology and my infrastructure has nog changed in the slightest bit. Did a full reset of my fibre router/modem and switches multiple times but that did not do a a thing to solve the problem. Checked cables, etc. Repeated attempts at the same search always error out.

The strange thing is that when the warning/error occurs I can no longer reach the ComicVine web site (including the API page) in my browser as well. After about a minute (sometimes 2) I can reach the web site again and my ComicVine API page says all is well (my rates are fine according to them). Because of all of this I also noticed that the CV status on the bottom of the screen is quite often a red cross, which I did not have when I started using Mylar not too lone ago. Does anybody else have this issue and knows a solution?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: ComicVine stops responding during large search

Post by evilhero »

This is due to CV blocking the user_agent that the default mylar install uses. So if you haven't changed it, it's best to change it to something more current.

See here for information on how to change the user_agent in mylar which could possibly fix the problem with CV (it's also dependent on other factors decided by CV which we are not privy too)
McRam

Re: ComicVine stops responding during large search

Post by McRam »

That solved it. Thanks a lot! I will work on my search kungfu since I tried to search for info regarding this issue but obviously did not find the posts you mentioned.