Matching TPB Filenames with Volume numbers in the name

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
ThirtyReset

Matching TPB Filenames with Volume numbers in the name

Post by ThirtyReset »

I'm trying to work through understanding the file parsing logic mylar3 uses when checking files for certain situations. I have a series of Trade Paperback files with names like:

Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection v01 - Great Power (TPB) (2014)
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection v02 - Great Responsibility (TPB) (2016)

because CV has chosen to split these out into separate entries instead of a given series. The volume numbers allow the files to be sorted in proper order when I'm viewing in my reader of choice, but I get that parsing a volume number mid-series title like this could be tricky.

I've tried to pour through the parsing logic in git, but haven't had enough time to wrap my head around all the logic (other than appreciate the marvel of work that all of that took!). After looking at some of the logic, I found that if I add the "(TPB)" to the name, mylar3 will match a file with v01 in it but will not match the file with v02 (or higher), even if it's set as the volume for the series entry.

Of course, if I remove the volume number from the file it will match, so this isn't really an issue with mylar3, it's more trying to figure out how to name files to be manageable and sortable from both a consumption perspective and a storage perspective under mylar3 while leveraging CV's data. I can always default to marking them as Archived, but it feels like I'm close to having a correct name that will work.

Is there any FAQ/how-to guide out there on file naming similar to what's been done with something like Plex for video files?