Mylar not post processing out of DDL/Cache

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
MofoMojo

Mylar not post processing out of DDL/Cache

Post by MofoMojo »

Completely new to mylar so I'm sure it's something I'm not doing correctly, however have scrubbed and re-setup mylar in 2 different locations. I am having difficulties getting mylar to do the post processing to move items downloaded via DDL from the CACHE folder to the appropriate comic location.

The Manage DDL queue shows the comics all downloaded and status of completed but it's not moving items out of the cache folder.

I deleted the previous set of logs, navigated to my 1 comic I have setup, found an issue and selected to mark it as wanted.

I see in the logs it gets downloaded but then in post processing:

Code: Select all

15-Jun-2022 16:59:52 - ERROR :: mylar.excepthook.315 : Thread-20 : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\logger.py", line 337, in new_run
    old_run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\threading.py", line 892, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\PostProcessor.py", line 2172, in Process
    self.Process_next(comicid, issueid, issuenumOG, ml, stat)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\PostProcessor.py", line 3120, in Process_next
    checkdirectory = filechecker.validateAndCreateDirectory(comlocation, True, module=module)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\filechecker.py", line 1784, in validateAndCreateDirectory
    if os.path.exists(dir):
  File "C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\genericpath.py", line 19, in exists
    os.stat(path)
TypeError: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\logger.py", line 337, in new_run
    old_run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\threading.py", line 892, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\PostProcessor.py", line 2172, in Process
    self.Process_next(comicid, issueid, issuenumOG, ml, stat)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\PostProcessor.py", line 3120, in Process_next
    checkdirectory = filechecker.validateAndCreateDirectory(comlocation, True, module=module)
  File "I:\Mylar\mylar\filechecker.py", line 1784, in validateAndCreateDirectory
    if os.path.exists(dir):
  File "C:\Users\stuar\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\genericpath.py", line 19, in exists
    os.stat(path)
TypeError: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType
I feel like this is a directory or path location missing in the config, but I haven't been able to isolate what I may be missing. The comic series directory was created in the correct location (automatically by Mylar). Any file I get via DDL seems to do this.

Windows 10
Care package:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0OseaW_I4JqM5Azhb ... Q?e=je7er4

Thank you and much appreciate any assistance to iron this wrinkle out.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar not post processing out of DDL/Cache

Post by evilhero »

That error isn't in the carepackage you posted so somewhere it's not updating it correctly.

Your settings all look ok from glancing, so nothing stands out as being problematic.

If you can shutdown and restart Mylar, then turn on debug/verbose logging. Once that's turned on, do a search for an issue again that ddl had previously snatched but didn't post-process (don't use retry use the magnifying glass if you're on the series detail page). Once it's snatched and didn't move, generate a new carepackage and attach that and we can look at it more - we're just missing the lead up to the error you posted which might help further.
MofoMojo

Post by MofoMojo »

Thanks EvilHero.

I just realized that what is on the output logging is not necessarily what will be in the carepackage. Seems there's a write delay between the screen and the log so I imagine I need to wait a bit too after the repro as the carepackage I created immediately after the repro didn't contain the error but it was on screen.

Followed your steps, waited a bit and then made sure that the information for the issue is in the carepackage logs. New logs:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av0OseaW_I4JqM5INQA ... w?e=EfvY7D

Issue 297.

Thank you again!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

According to that - the Spawn series in your watchlist has no Comic Location path set, so it doesn't know where to put the files. Looking at your database file, it's the only series that has no directory path set.

Go to the Spawn series (that's one that's throwing the exception), and do a Refresh Series on it and wait for it to to complete.

Once it's completed, and on the series detail page, you should see the Location path update from None to the new path based on your global Comic Location path.

Thereafter, if you try to download the issue(s) again it won't throw an error and it will post-process.
MofoMojo

Post by MofoMojo »

This worked great! Thank you!

I'm curious, I chose Spawn because it was the one that I could reproduce the issue with easily, I did two different repros, each from a clean install, attempting troubleshooting on both. In each case, The Spawn Series directory was created automatically when I added the comic, but I guess it didn't populate the directory field? Other comics that I've added since have populated automatically. I imagine the logs for that time period would be required to really know what happened but just wanted to let ya know in case there's something worth tracking down. I'd gladly attempt a 3rd time if it would be some benefit, otherwise, moving along!

Thank you again!

-MM