Import troubles

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
fantomdew

Import troubles

Post by fantomdew »

Greetings. I am starting to try and get my library reorganized and put into Mylar. I seem to be having issues with importing. I am not sure where to begin in order to figure out, but the gist of it is that even though Mylar seems to import titles into the system it still shows the title in the import even after i remove it from the import. I moved in Harley Quinn Volume 3 and Volume 4 (\\Server\Comics\Harley Quinn\V3 and \\Server\Comics\Harley Quinn\V4). The system imported the V3 files just fine and showed them when i went to look at the title and when i rescanned the folder location it didn't come up needing to be imported. Harley Quinn V4 however says it was imported successfully and i can see it in my watch list and everything seems to show correct. I remove it from the import list and rescan and it shows back up. This has happened to a number of titles, this is just the current example i am working with. I am on a Windows machine using Mylar3 [v0.6.7] and Python 3.8.1. I was going to try and update Python next and see if anything changes. thanks for any guidance that is given
cdarwin7

Re: Import troubles

Post by cdarwin7 »

Do you have post processing setup in the advanced tab?

Choose import, then remove once post processing is done. If you have it set to move it will be gone from the directory you placed it in and moved it to wherever you have it set to house your library.
fantomdew

Post by fantomdew »

I did not enable post processing. I will get that a try and report back. I guess i would still be confused why some titles seem to import and clear out just fine and other do not.
fantomdew

Post by fantomdew »

I deleted Harley Quinn from Mylar. Moved the files to another location for importing. I pointed the importer to that location and enabled post process with move. I did the import and it put Harley Quinn in the list but it did not move the files over, instead it sent the files for downloading. Which according to the ddl logs it downloaded it, but did not move them into the location and the title still shows as snatched and not downloaded. So not sure what that did.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You're literally talking about 3/4 different things at once, which makes it difficult to help with.

Post-Processing has zero to do with importing. Importing is used for issues that belong to a series that doesn't exist on your watchlist (ie. Home page). Post-processing is for issues that are already on your watchlist.

In order for the importer to work, your files have to be sanely named with a series, issue number and probably issue year - issue volume will also help. If it's lacking the 1st 2 items, mylar will not be able to import it (ie. If your files are named 1.cbr)

Also, if the files contain metadata will also impact how the importer will work and it depends on the settings you're trying to use.

You need to make sure debug logging is enabled, and then generate a carepackage and attach a link to where you place it so that we can figure out what it is that you're actually trying to do, because at the moment, it's really difficult to follow (it helps if you break your sentences up as well, so it's not just one long paragraph).

Go to the mylar3 wiki on github and you can find instructions on how to enable debug logging and how to generate a carepackage.
fantomdew

Post by fantomdew »

Thank you for the feed back and sorry for the rambling.

My naming structure for the comics is "Harley Quinn V4 #003 (2021).cbr". I have also enabled this part in the Advanced Settings. My naming convention for folders is Harley Quinn\V4\Harley Quinn V4 #003 (2021).cbr. Please see attached pic. As i mentioned originally this seemed to work for some titles and not for others.

Essentially the problem is with some series import properly, while others "seem" to import (they show up and have titles) but then will keep showing back up in the import wizard each time i move another series in. This gets hard to manage when i had a couple hundred titles i was trying to sort through to add in. With all the problems i moved all the folder off and am just concentrating on 1 or 2 titles at a time.

For this example i was trying to import Harley Quinn V4 into Mylar. I pointed the import tool to the location where i want the comics to be. When i ran the actual import part it needed help associating it to the right title but once that's done it imported it. I removed it from the import list and then ran the import once more and Harley Quinn V4 showed back up in the list.

I hope this was a bit more precise.
Carepackage is located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AprfHJr8OO6Whl0UtOt ... V?e=ysxQ3k