Mylar3 compilation issue on DSM7

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
fredodido

Mylar3 compilation issue on DSM7

Post by fredodido »

Hello,
I am not very familiar with the compilation in a UNIX environment. I used to use Mylar on a Raspberry, it was working perfectly. I am trying not to install it on a Synology NAS on DSM7 and when I ran pip3.8 install -r requirements.txt, I have the following error :

/usr/local/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-wrap-gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -DOPENSSL_NO_SSL3 -DOPENSSL_NO_SSL2 -DSYNOPLAT_F_ARMV8 -O2 -include /usr/syno/include/platformconfig.h -DSYNO_ENVIRONMENT -DBUILD_ARCH=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSYNO_RUNNING_DSM_BUILD_SYSTEM -g -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -Wno-unused-result -fPIC -I/usr/include/python3.8 -c lib/zoneinfo_module.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.8/lib/zoneinfo_module.o -std=c99
error: command '/usr/local/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-wrap-gcc' failed: No such file or directory
[end of output]

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks
Kaltenstein

Re: Mylar3 compilation issue on DSM7

Post by Kaltenstein »

You're missing build tools here, more precisely gcc.

I am not aware of any synology package that offers those (I got it to run on mine after a deep dive and using entware/opkg on it), and digging for a pillow (which is what needed to be built on my DS) remained fruitless on my end.

Depending on the model, you'll either need to use entware (here's a guide, you need to be comfy with command line though) or docker(which isn't supported by the lower end/home use models).
fredodido

Post by fredodido »

Ok, I will look at entware tonight, thanks Kaltenstein :)
Kaltenstein

Post by Kaltenstein »

Lemme know if you need a hand, wasn't too straightforward and had me in fits for a few hours there. Getting Mylar to run that is.
fredodido

Post by fredodido »

ok, I have gcc now, I had to tweak as /usr/local/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-wrap-gcc didn't exist, so I created a symb link at this location pointing to the GCC binary.

But I have now the following error and I have no idea how to fix it :
cc1: fatal error: /usr/syno/include/platformconfig.h: No such file or directory
Kaltenstein

Post by Kaltenstein »

Ooooof, that I can't say... Because that didn't appear w/ me, gonna have a deep dive