Error 500

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
autobot1977

Error 500

Post by autobot1977 »

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie. I've had Mylar working great for a few weeks now so big up the devs!
However, in the last couple of days when I click "+Add Comic" it gives the success message but when I go to my list it appears as "None" and in the Status column, the spinner spins mockingly but never ends. If I click on "None" I get the Error 500 message.

I've seen others have the same error having Googled the issue but haven't actually seen a solution. I updated my Mylar3 Docker to the Python branch but it made no difference.

Is anyone able to help me, please?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Error 500

Post by evilhero »

You can verify what branch you're on by either looking at the bottom of any page, or go to the 1st tab of the configuration. If it says Master - then you're still on the master branch and you're not on the python3-dev branch.

Which is also another point, the dev branch is not calledpython, but python3-dev - I'm not sure if you just short-termed the branch name in your typing, or if you are actually trying to use that name. However, if you're running docker, the dev branch is referred to as nightly - so you might have to recreate your docker so that it's pulling from the nightly docker branch.

You also haven't posted what the 500 error message is that you're seeing so it's kinda hard to offer any solutions without knowing what the actual error is that's being encountered.
autobot1977

Post by autobot1977 »

Hello Thanks for the quick reply!

This is the error:
500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 638, in respond
self._do_respond(path_info)
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 697, in _do_respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 223, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/app/mylar/webserve.py", line 263, in comicDetails
updater.forceRescan(ComicID)
File "/app/mylar/updater.py", line 1047, in forceRescan
logger.info(module + ' Now checking files for ' + rescan['ComicName'] + ' (' + str(rescan['ComicYear']) + ') in ' + rescan['ComicLocation'])
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str
....and this is my version...

Version
[61bdc48a2f86af00b4ad5e75e6ff3989a935a80e]

dockermaster

MYLAR PROGRAM OPTIONS
Python Version : 3.9.7
Language : en_US.UTF-8

Do these help?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep, you need to specify a Comic Location path for where you wish Mylar to store the comics (where the directories for each series will be created) - if you're looking for another reference to what it is, you can also think of it as the root location of your comics.

You might want to take a quick glance at the Mylar3 wiki - especially the FAQ. While there's not alot of information, what is there might give you some more insight.

Edit. I'll leave the above just in case, although in looking at your error again it seems it's just during the addition of a series. If you're running docker, you might want to try and switch to the python3-dev branch which I believe might solve your actual problems (since you're running docker the branch is actually called nightly for docker users).
autobot1977

Post by autobot1977 »

Ok I guess something must have changed recently - presumably by me - because I've added loads over the past few weeks fine! Never mind I'll look into this more.

While I have you here would it be cheeky to ask 2 more questions or would I need to create new threads for them?

Thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You can ask the questions - but if you want a better back & forth, you could hop on our discord (the link is on the 1st tab of the configuration within mylar) and have a more detailed conversation.