Conversion error

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
dcow36

Conversion error

Post by dcow36 »

I want to preface this by saying that my tech knowledge is far below most of the people on this forum but that you have all taught me loads over the past month. But now I have one that I cannot figure out.

I cannot get mylar to convert to CBZ and Comicvine is not metatagging. The logs say there is a problem with permissions, but I only have 1 user account and all folders have the same full control permissions. I have tried various fixes I found here including adding winRAR to PATH (both user and system), pointing comicvine’s settings file at winRAR (When doing that, The winRAR program opened, and then the whole process just stopped). I have even unchecked mylar’s “enforce permissions” setting hoping it would skip whatever check it was running to no avail.

In my mylar cache folder, there are a bunch of empty folders, some html files, and about 7 comics which are there for no reason I can determine.

This is driving me crazy as it’s the last step in getting everything working properly and I cannot figure out what the issue is.

I am using the latest version of mylar3 (from github) on a windows computer with the latest version of windows (windows 10 home 20H2) and everything is in the same user account (Users\Eric\) attached is a screenshot of my logs. Any help would be appreciated

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Conversion error

Post by evilhero »

What did you set the rar_exe_path value to in the settings file located in the .ComicTagger directory?

I'm trying to recall as I generally don't run Mylar in WIndows, but I believe you need to set the value to be the full path to the UnRaR.exe file, not the actual WinRaR.exe file (so rar_exe_path = C:\Program Files\WinRaR\UnRaR.exe, or wherever you installed winRaR). I know it says rar_exe_path, but the UnRaR.exe is what is being used (since it only extracts, it doesn't create cbr files).
dcow36

Post by dcow36 »

Thanks, I did not know that. I went in and reset the .ComicTagger settings to UnRAR.exe and ran it again. Still got the same permissions error. Exact same as the error above.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Can you paste the contents of your settings file located in the .ComicTagger directory ?

If it's saying it can't locate the tool in the error message after any changes, then it still can't locate the executable it's needing to unrar the contents of the cbr file.

As far as the 7 comics files in your cache folder - those are usually DDL downloads that failed / never post-processed due to some reason such as the DDL site timing out, or shutting down Mylar in the middle of a download.

Have you tried to open the cbr file outside of Mylar ? Is there a ComicInfo.xml file within the cbr possibly ?
dcow36

Post by dcow36 »

.ComicTagger setting pasted below

I did just extract a .cbr file and there is a ComicInfo.xml inside it. But I was under the impression that unless the comic file was a .cbz then the .xml couldn't be read. Obviously, I could be very wrong there.

Still really confused about the permissions thing still, hope you can make some sense of that with this data too

I really appreciate all the help, I am at a loss.

.ComicTagger Settings:

[settings]
check_for_new_version = False
rar_exe_path = C:\Program Files\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe
send_usage_stats = False

[auto]
install_id = 20771bf1b31a41bc883fc8d86abbf609
last_selected_load_data_style = 0
last_selected_save_data_style = 0
last_opened_folder =
last_main_window_width = 0
last_main_window_height = 0
last_main_window_x = 0
last_main_window_y = 0
last_form_side_width = -1
last_list_side_width = -1
last_filelist_sorted_column = -1
last_filelist_sorted_order = 0

[identifier]
id_length_delta_thresh = 5
id_publisher_blacklist = Panini Comics, Abril, Planeta DeAgostini, Editorial Televisa, Dino Comics

[dialogflags]
ask_about_cbi_in_rar = True
show_disclaimer = True
dont_notify_about_this_version =
ask_about_usage_stats = True

[filenameparser]
parse_scan_info = True

[comicvine]
use_series_start_as_volume = False
clear_form_before_populating_from_cv = False
remove_html_tables = False
cv_api_key = 0c42509a3cc04bb5304d8eeec76af6c8368550ec
notes_format = Issue ID

[cbl_transform]
assume_lone_credit_is_primary = False
copy_characters_to_tags = False
copy_teams_to_tags = False
copy_locations_to_tags = False
copy_storyarcs_to_tags = False
copy_notes_to_comments = False
copy_weblink_to_comments = False
apply_cbl_transform_on_cv_import = False
apply_cbl_transform_on_bulk_operation = False

[rename]
rename_template = %series% #%issue% (%year%)
rename_issue_number_padding = 3
rename_use_smart_string_cleanup = True
rename_extension_based_on_archive = True

[autotag]
save_on_low_confidence = False
dont_use_year_when_identifying = False
assume_1_if_no_issue_num = False
ignore_leading_numbers_in_filename = False
remove_archive_after_successful_match = False
wait_and_retry_on_rate_limit = False
dcow36

Post by dcow36 »

I just updated to the newest mylar and am still getting errors, still mentioning permissions, and still unable to write Metadata. It's very frustrating as I have been working so hard on this and cannot figure out how to fix this last problem. Any ideas? Or tell me a more efficient way to post my logs for overview
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

If the error still says something along the lines of Cannot find tool, then does the unrar executable exist in the given path location you specified?

Also in the config.ini, you'll see a ct_settingspath option under the [Metatagging] section, make sure you're editing the correct comictagger settings file as the value in the ini is the settings file where mylar loads from.
dcow36

Post by dcow36 »

Fixed!

While all the settings were correct, your last reply led me to a google which led me to an old issue from 2017. Turns out my UnRAR was HORRIBLY out of date. Once I updated it and reran the metatagging it began to work. Thanks , I feel very dumb.

One last issue, after the tagging began, I occasionally noticed the below in the logs. Any thoughts?

Thanks for everything

FAILED FILES: [{'parse_status': 'failure', 'sub': None, 'comicfilename': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers 001 (2021) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr', 'comiclocation': 'C:\\Users\\Eric\\Desktop\\Comics\\Avengers Tech-On (2021)', 'series_name': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers', 'series_volume': None, 'alt_series': 'Avengers', 'alt_issue': 'Tech-On Avengers', 'issue_year': '2021', 'issue_number': '001', 'issueid': None, 'scangroup': 'Zone-Empire', 'booktype': 'issue'}, {'parse_status': 'failure', 'sub': None, 'comicfilename': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers 002 (2021) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr', 'comiclocation': 'C:\\Users\\Eric\\Desktop\\Comics\\Avengers Tech-On (2021)', 'series_name': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers', 'series_volume': None, 'alt_series': 'Avengers', 'alt_issue': 'Tech-On Avengers', 'issue_year': '2021', 'issue_number': '002', 'issueid': None, 'scangroup': 'Zone-Empire', 'booktype': 'issue'}, {'parse_status': 'failure', 'sub': None, 'comicfilename': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers 003 (2021) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr', 'comiclocation': 'C:\\Users\\Eric\\Desktop\\Comics\\Avengers Tech-On (2021)', 'series_name': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers', 'series_volume': None, 'alt_series': 'Avengers', 'alt_issue': 'Tech-On Avengers', 'issue_year': '2021', 'issue_number': '003', 'issueid': None, 'scangroup': 'Zone-Empire', 'booktype': 'issue'}, {'parse_status': 'failure', 'sub': None, 'comicfilename': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers 004 (2022) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr', 'comiclocation': 'C:\\Users\\Eric\\Desktop\\Comics\\Avengers Tech-On (2021)', 'series_name': 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers', 'series_volume': None, 'alt_series': 'Avengers', 'alt_issue': 'Tech-On Avengers', 'issue_year': '2022', 'issue_number': '004', 'issueid': None, 'scangroup': 'Zone-Empire', 'booktype': 'issue'}]
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Problem is with the filenames, according to CV the series is actually called Avengers: Tech-On, not Avengers - Tech-On Avengers as indicated in the filename: 'Avengers - Tech-On Avengers 001 (2021) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr'.

So you need to either change the names in the file to correspond so they match what's on CV - or make use of the Alternate Search Name field in the Edit Settings tab on the series detail page for that particular series within Mylar (set it to Avengers: Tech-On Avengers as all punctuation is removed during matching anyways).
dcow36

Post by dcow36 »

Great, I might have a bunch of junk file names to edit.

As for your suggestion, I will do that as soon as I can get to the series detail page, I'm now getting a 500 internal server error every time I try on every series

2 steps forward, 1 step back as they say.

Thanks for the help