Issues with importing comics

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Tippon

Issues with importing comics

Post by Tippon »

Hi all :)

I've got Mylar set up and mostly working as it should, but now and then I'm running into some problems. The main one is when I import existing comics, Mylar doesn't always find a match from Comic Vine, or won't let me match to an existing series.

I added some Deadpool comics today, and used the Manage tab to import them. Most went ok, but some just wouldn't go. I've got the option to auto add new series checked, but creating the series before adding the comics doesn't help.

I tried to import Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War, and renamed the files using the Comic Vine page here:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/deadpool ... 050-33659/

I also tried adding the Comic Vine ID as suggested here:

https://forum.mylarcomics.com/viewtopic ... 63&p=11048

giving me the following file name:

Deadpool Wade Wilsons War #1 (2010) [__33659__].cbr (I tried with and without the apostrophe in Wilson's, as I've been having some issues with punctuation in X-men comics)

No matter what I tried, it wouldn't import. Another issue I tried to import was the Deadpool / Death '98 (1998) issue. I guessed that the two instances of the year might cause a problem, so I added the issue first. Importing gave a conflict with several other similarly named issues, and asked for manual intervention, but wouldn't let me choose the existing entry, apparently because it was already in the library.

I know that I can just put the files into the respective folders and get Mylar to rename them, but that seems to defeat the object of using it, especially when I've got a few hundred more issues over dozens of comics :shock:

Can someone take a look at my logs and care package and let me know if I'm doing something wrong please? Thank you :)

My full log is here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwbfyznz89pjh ... r.log?dl=0

A shorter debug log with just the Deadpool section is here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pajmr3uzevuh ... g.txt?dl=0

My care package is here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oosdo5p6flu20 ... e.zip?dl=0
Tippon

Re: Issues with importing comics

Post by Tippon »

I don't know if this will help at all, or if it's just a coincidence, but I've just had another instance of punctuation causing problems. Unfortunately I didn't have debug logging turned on. The issue was named identically to the Comic Vine entry, but wasn't recognised until I removed the hyphens.

It was this comic - https://comicvine.gamespot.com/superior ... 00-431445/

Code: Select all

02-Oct-2021 06:00:30 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.4932 : Thread-50 : [IMPORT][Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special] Now preparing to import. First I need to determine the highest issue, and possible year(s) of the series.
02-Oct-2021 06:00:35 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.5248 : Thread-50 : [IMPORT] Could not find any matching results against CV. Check the logs and perhaps rename the attempted file(s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-Oct-2021 06:02:55 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.4932 : CP Server Thread-7 : [IMPORT][Superior Spider Man Team Up Special] Now preparing to import. First I need to determine the highest issue, and possible year(s) of the series.
02-Oct-2021 06:02:58 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.5108 : CP Server Thread-7 : [IMPORT] There is only one result...automagik-mode enabled for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special :: 68721
02-Oct-2021 06:02:58 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.5254 : CP Server Thread-7 : [IMPORT] Now adding Superior Spider Man Team Up Special...
02-Oct-2021 06:02:58 - INFO    :: mylar.addbyid.636 : CP Server Thread-7 : Attempting to add directly by ComicVineID: 68721
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.151 : CP Server Thread-7 : Now adding/updating: Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.208 : CP Server Thread-7 : Sucessfully retrieved details for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.219 : CP Server Thread-7 : Previous version detected as None - seeing if update required
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.244 : CP Server Thread-7 : Determined to be a one-shot issue. Forcing Edition to One-Shot
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - WARNING :: mylar.validateAndCreateDirectory.1762 : CP Server Thread-7 : [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /home/media/Comics/Ongoing/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special/2013
02-Oct-2021 06:03:00 - INFO    :: mylar.validateAndCreateDirectory.1765 : CP Server Thread-7 : [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /home/media/Comics/Ongoing/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special/2013
02-Oct-2021 06:03:02 - INFO    :: mylar.getImage.3902 : CP Server Thread-7 : Attempting to retrieve the comic image for series
02-Oct-2021 06:03:04 - INFO    :: mylar.getImage.3902 : CP Server Thread-7 : Attempting to retrieve the comic image for series
02-Oct-2021 06:03:07 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.422 : CP Server Thread-7 : Sucessfully retrieved issue details for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.updateissuedata.1200 : CP Server Thread-7 : Now adding/updating issues for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.478 : CP Server Thread-7 : Updating complete for: Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.491 : CP Server Thread-7 : Mass import - Move files
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.rename_param.326 : CP Server Thread-7 : Int Issue_number compare found. continuing...
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.movefiles.43 : CP Server Thread-7 : moving /mnt/films/Torrents/Completed/Comics/Superior Spider Man Team Up Special #01 (2013).cbz ... to /home/media/Comics/Ongoing/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special/2013/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special 001 (2013).cbz
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.movefiles.56 : CP Server Thread-7 : files_moved: [{'srid': '540275', 'filename': 'Superior Spider Man Team Up Special #01 (2013).cbz', 'import_id': '85820097'}]
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.forceRescan.1023 : CP Server Thread-7 : [FILE-RESCAN] Now checking files for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special (2013) in /home/media/Comics/Ongoing/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special/2013
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.traverse_directories.1541 : CP Server Thread-7 : there are 1 files.
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.forceRescan.1629 : CP Server Thread-7 : [FILE-RESCAN] Total files located: 1
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.forceRescan.1780 : CP Server Thread-7 : [FILE-RESCAN] I have physically found 1 issues, ignored 0 issues, snatched 0 issues, and accounted for 0 in an Archived state [ Total Issue Count: 1 / 1 ]
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.addComictoDB.588 : CP Server Thread-7 : Successfully imported : Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special
02-Oct-2021 06:03:09 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.5278 : CP Server Thread-7 : [IMPORT] Import completed.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm maybe misreading some of that - but it sounds like you're manually adding series into your watchlist of Mylar and then trying to import files that belong the series you added ? If so, you can't use the Import A Directory option if the series already exists on your watchlist - the Import A Directory is for adding series to your watchlist that don't exist (and thereby adding in the files that were scanned in that related to said series).

If you have the series already on your watchlist, you would use the Manual Post-Processing tab in the Manage section in order to post-process the given items into the correct folders. This has the added benefit of being able to metatag files as it goes thru the lists, as opposed to the importer which cannot metatag.

Now as far as the [__ISSUEID__], there's 2 problems with the way you're trying:
- it's the issueid, not the comicid as it changes with each file (as each issue is it's own issueid)
- it only works for post-processing, not for importing (meaning the series has to already exist on your watchlist to use it)

If you want to do it for an entire series and provided only the files pertaining to a series are in their respective folders - you can make use of the cvinfo file that is just a text file named ``cvinfo`` (no extension) with just the full url of the CV series within. The cvinfo is only used by the importer when it goes to scan items in, so you would have to rescan in any directories where you add the cvinfo file to.

I can't see what the filenaming was for the given issues atm, but as far as the removing hyphens aspect from your filenames, I would have to see the debug log for that one to see what's happening.
Tippon

Post by Tippon »

Hi evilhero. Sorry, I thought I was subscribed to the thread, so I've only just seen your reply.
evilhero wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:54 pm I'm maybe misreading some of that - but it sounds like you're manually adding series into your watchlist of Mylar and then trying to import files that belong the series you added ? If so, you can't use the Import A Directory option if the series already exists on your watchlist - the Import A Directory is for adding series to your watchlist that don't exist (and thereby adding in the files that were scanned in that related to said series).
At first I was putting the comics into my monitored folder (/mnt/films/Torrents/Completed/ in my case), going to Manage > Scan Comic Library, making sure that the Auto-add new series box was ticked and the same folder was in the Path to directory box, then clicking Save Changes and Scan. For the most part, Mylar was finding the comics, or asking me to select from a choice, then processing them correctly. It's been scanning, tagging, moving, and renaming comics into my comics directory (/home/media/Comics/Ongoing/).

For some comics, like Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War, it just kept giving me the nothing found error. I renamed the files in every way I could think of, but nothing helped.
evilhero wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:54 pm If you have the series already on your watchlist, you would use the Manual Post-Processing tab in the Manage section in order to post-process the given items into the correct folders. This has the added benefit of being able to metatag files as it goes thru the lists, as opposed to the importer which cannot metatag.
I tried adding the comic to my watchlist and running the Scan Comic Library scan, and the Manual Post-Processing manual run, but neither of those options processed the files either. I didn't want to copy the files to the comic folder and rename them, as that wouldn't help to find out what I've done wrong, or identify the problem if there is one.
evilhero wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:54 pm Now as far as the [__ISSUEID__], there's 2 problems with the way you're trying:
- it's the issueid, not the comicid as it changes with each file (as each issue is it's own issueid)
- it only works for post-processing, not for importing (meaning the series has to already exist on your watchlist to use it)
I can't remember if I tried both of the ids or not, so I'll try that next. The series is in my watchlist now, so hopefully it will work.
evilhero wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:54 pm If you want to do it for an entire series and provided only the files pertaining to a series are in their respective folders - you can make use of the cvinfo file that is just a text file named ``cvinfo`` (no extension) with just the full url of the CV series within. The cvinfo is only used by the importer when it goes to scan items in, so you would have to rescan in any directories where you add the cvinfo file to.
That's handy. I've got a feeling that I needed to check one of my comics, as I think a TPB was scanned as an issue, or vice versa, but I was too tired to correct it at the time, and didn't think to make a note of it. It's definitely going to be handy for scanning future issues in though.

I might go through my whole library and double check everything, and use it as an excuse to standardise my naming conventions too.
evilhero wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:54 pm I can't see what the filenaming was for the given issues atm, but as far as the removing hyphens aspect from your filenames, I would have to see the debug log for that one to see what's happening.
I managed to get everything with a hyphen to scan, so I'll see if I can find another comic or issue to download and get a debug log.

The Deadpool / Death '98 (1998) issue got picked up by the scheduled scan and was processed correctly.

I'll try two issues of the Wade Wilson's War comic with the issueid and two with the cvinfo file in a folder and see if they get picked up.

Thanks for your help :)
Tippon

Post by Tippon »

I tried the Wade's War issues, two with the cvinfo included, and the other two with the issueid, and they all processed correctly. I'll use the cvinfo file if I come across any problems like that in the future :)

As for the X-Men hyphen problem, I just reproduced the problem, but had a separate issue that I don't know whether it's related. I'll make a new thread to avoid any confusion, and add my current care package and logs.