RSS and search problems/errors/confusion

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
giddygoon

RSS and search problems/errors/confusion

Post by giddygoon »

Hello!

While I've been playing with this kind of stuff since the original Napster and I have successfully mastered Radarr and Sonar, I am a Mylar noob. I tried setting it up a few times over the years but couldn't figure it out and gave up. This week, I've tried again and gotten helluva lot farther than before, but I'm definitely doing a bunch of things wrong and I cannot for the life of me find anything via Google to explain what how to do them right. Well, there's some stuff, but I have gotten lost when the directions left out obvious-to-coders-but-not-to-noobs steps like "Open a command prompt." Anyway.

I am using Mylar v0.5.3 (master) on a Windows 10 system, and my main problem is with configuring the search providers. I set them all up (or tried) assuming the RSS feeds were for getting new comics as they showed up weekly in the indexers and the non-RSS methods were for filling in the hole in our back issue archives.
  • I have used Jackett to create linkages to IPTorrents, and the RSS feeds check out fine in Jackett. The Torznab feed tests fine in Mylar, but Mylar doesn't find anything when it searches IPTorrents using the Torznab. Here's a log for the search failure.

Code: Select all

2021-05-27 12:26:31	INFO	Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for All-New Wolverine issue: 26 (2017) using IPTorrents (torznab).
    2021-05-27 12:26:31	INFO	[SEARCH-QUEUE] Now loading item from search queue: {'comicname': 'All-New Wolverine', 'seriesyear': '2015', 'issuenumber': '26', 'issueid': '632487', 'comicid': '85930', 'booktype': 'Print'}
    2021-05-27 12:26:32	INFO	Pausing for 60 seconds before continuing to avoid hammering.
    2021-05-27 12:26:32	INFO	Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for All-New Wolverine issue: 26 (2017) using NZBgeek (newznab).
    2021-05-27 12:26:32	INFO	Could not find Issue 26 of All-New Wolverine (2015) using IPTorrents [api]
    When I've put in the RSS feed (the one that works in other places), Mylar says it doesn't work: "Error - failed running test for IPTorrents RSS." The log says it's the API key, but it's the API that was accepted in the Torznab feed, and it's copied from Jackett.

2021-05-27 12:52:46	WARNING	Testing failed to IPTorrents RSS [HOST:http://127.0.0.1:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/iptorrents/results/torznab/api?apikey=XXXXXXXXXXX&t=search&cat=&q=][SSL:False]
    2021-05-27 12:52:46	INFO	[ERROR:100] - Invalid API Key
  • I have the same problem with NZBgeek. Mylar is fine with the basic API links -- they test fine. But Mylar doesn't find anything via NZBGeek, even though if I search manually for the comics Mylar was looking for, the comics are easily found.

2021-05-27 12:26:32	INFO	Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for All-New Wolverine issue: 26 (2017) using NZBgeek (newznab).
    2021-05-27 12:26:32	INFO	Could not find Issue 26 of All-New Wolverine (2015) using IPTorrents [api]
    2021-05-27 12:26:33	INFO	Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for All-New Wolverine issue: 26 (2017) using DDL.
    2021-05-27 12:26:33	INFO	Could not find Issue 26 of All-New Wolverine (2015) using NZBgeek [api]
    As for the NZBGeek RSS feeds, I can't figure out how to tell Mylar they exist. If I use the URL for the NZBGeek RSS feeds in the host field (or anywhere else) I just get the same error as for the IPT/Torznab RSS feed.

2021-05-27 13:03:12	WARNING	Testing failed to NZBgeek RSS [HOST:https://api.nzbgeek.info/rss?t=7030&limit=200&r=XXXXXXXXXXX][SSL:False]
    2021-05-27 13:03:12	INFO	[ERROR:100] - Invalid API Key
  • The only search provider I have gotten to work is DLL, and that isn't ideal. I've managed to download and process two whole comics, even though it's started another 25 or 30. It just times out constantly, which is basically what happens if you just go to GetComics and do it manually
As for actually processing and downloading, I don't have any issues yet since nothing has been sent through SABnzbd or Deluge, my torrent downloader.

Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everyone's hard work on this!

--Ted (giddygoon)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: RSS and search problems/errors/confusion

Post by evilhero »

I'm actually confused by what you wrote, if that helps at all.

Anything with an option that is provider-related within Mylar is non-RSS. Doesn't matter what it is - never provide Mylar with an RSS feed URL of any type.

The RSS aspect is all handled under the hood by Mylar. Enabling the RSS option is all you need to do and Mylar should be able to get the latest feeds at the required time (depending on the provider of course).

The RSS will fire off and check whatever providers you have enabled - it doesn't matter if you configure a ton of them, only the ones enabled will be polled via RSS.

The Newznab and torznab entries are where you put just the host address in (ie. for newznab it would be something like https://api.nzbgeek.info , for torznab it would be: http://127.0.0.1:9117/api/v2.0/indexers ... s/torznab/).

As far as DDL - it does work and it's usually a pretty viable option. However on Wednesdays/Thursdays they get hit hard and things will time out depending on the time of day. You can view your DDL downloads via the Manage tab / Manage DDL Queue button to see what's happening (since it doesn't use any API).

DDL + newznabs is a common setup for most users that covers the most bases. You can use torrents, don't get me wrong, it's just that there are a limited number of options available for comics (ETTV possibly would work better than iPT, plus iPT has alot of PDFs mixed in there which won't work).

As I eluded to just above - torrents will give you an extremely mixed bag of pure crap. Manually downloading torrents you can see what matches and where - however automating it is almost impossible because there are sooo many different naming conventions that users use when creating torrents.

It may work in some cases, however the only option available that supports packs is the DDL option (since 32P went down). So if you're trying to get packs via torrents, Mylar won't be able to grab them automatically. It can however post-process them via the manual post-processing tab (or Folder Monitor, same thing) - so you can manually grab them and they'll get post-processed automatically on completion if you have Mylar monitoring your torrent download folder (Folder Monitor option - but set it to every 5 minutes or something so it doesn't cause problems).