Help with Pushover Notifications

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
zeus163

Help with Pushover Notifications

Post by zeus163 »

First, I just have to thank the stars for such a great program and everyone involved for making Mylar a reality! I wish I'd been smarter and found out about this sooner. I'm still organizing my collection (and tracking down missing issues). Just think, Mylar could have helped me with that years ago!

As I start to explore more options, I noticed the Pushover notifications settings. Something like this is what I was wanting and finally got around to noticing the different options. I tried setting it up, but failed. However, I did get Pushover settings working for SABnzbd and Sonarr, so I'm pretty sure it is me not setting this up correctly. I created the API key, but I think my problem is not knowing how to set up the API code for Mylar to push notifications. I then searched the Mylar boards and came across this:

curl -s -F "user=${USER_KEY}" -F "token=${API_KEY}" -F "message=${BODY}" https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

I think I can figure out the user key and api key, but is the message body what I want the notification to say? With SABnzbd/Sonarr, I checked some settings and then it would tell me the release that I was grabbed for me. I guess I'd just put a generic message here--hey, an issue was post-processed for you. But more importantly, where does that curl code go? Do I run it as a git command from within mylar? This is probably above my pay grade, but I was hoping to get it working.

Once again, thanks. Once I get this working, hopefully, I still have some questions about file names because every once in awhile, I am stumped for why some files are recognized...I'm looking at you Elves!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Help with Pushover Notifications

Post by evilhero »

You don't have to use the curl command anywhere, I believe what you were reading was someone wanting to add pushover notifs to their script and / or testing to see how things work.

This is all handled by Mylar behind the scenes, so all you really need to do is fill in the blanks:

So put in your API Key and your User Key for Pushover (both are available when you view your Pushover profile from Pushover's website). Leave the Device at None (meaning if you have more than one device enabled for pushover it will send to all).

Then check off if you want to Notify on snatch, and/or Post-processing with cover. Snatch is when Mylar grabs the file and sends it to your download client, post-processing is after the post-processing has run after it's downloaded and moved to the final destination. The with cover aspect means that Mylar will include the cover image of what just post-processed in the notification. Leave the priority at 0. And that's it.

You can click on the Test Pushover button, and it'll tell you right away if it succeeded or not in the GUI as well receiving a notification on your device(s).

Once you have successfully tested, then try to search for an issue and let it download - you'll get notifications when Mylar sends it to your client and post-processing has completed for that download. That's all there is to it!
zeus163

Re: Help with Pushover Notifications

Post by zeus163 »

Thanks. I pretty much had it set-up correctly then. For whatever reason though, it didn't work until I change the device to none instead of the name of the device. So, now I should receive notifications. I truly do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Also, is there any where to find some information on story arcs and how it works?