Comicvine has no data

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
kingfenix

Comicvine has no data

Post by kingfenix »

Anyone have any idea why comicvine seems to not have any new marvel issues for 3-17-21? This also seems to have the effect on mylar that the issues do not exist, and its therefore unable to import them? How can we get comics into mylar when comicvine isnt updating?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Comicvine has no data

Post by evilhero »

No clue - CV being updated is apparently a one-man show from what I understand of the situation, and while help exists to aid in the entering of information, it's being declined and or only the one individual can add new items.

So until things get posted on CV, Mylar has no way of knowing what belongs to what series. It's no different than any of the other apps - if their respective source isn't updated (tmdb, imdb, tvdb, musicbrainz), then there's no way to populate all the necessary information within the respective program in order to be able to search properly for items.

You'll just have to be patient - it should auto-update the series itself as the pull-list gets auto-updated every 4hrs. W

hen CV has updated their info the backend that the pull-list draws from will have the respective series on notice that the series in the clients has to be updated to reflect the updated changes.

Once it's not shown in the Upcoming section of the Wanted tab (at the bottom of the page), then the CV issue data is present and has been updated, and the given issue will show up in the Wanted section and can be searched/post-processed.
KesselRogue

Post by KesselRogue »

I am seeing this in the Mylar logs when I restart the docker. It might be related.

[ERROR] Error returned from CV: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1) [b'\n\n\n\n \n \n \n \n
Error 503 certificate has expired
\n
certificate has expired

\n
Guru Mediation:
\n
Details: cache-sea4423-SEA 1616706462 673995410

\n
\n
Varnish cache server

\n \n\n']
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Not related to the no data aspect.

Comicvine, atm at least, is having some network problems I'd wager. The API is up for abit, then down for abit - it's been doing that for the better part of today (even their main site was doing the same thing and throwing that error).

We pushed up some fixes to try and account for the breakage in some parts of Mylar where it was throwing those errors. We obviously couldn't get them all, and it's only in the python3-dev branch atm, but with any luck if you're running that branch you should be able to just ignore things without having to restart Mylar.

Otherwise, it's possible that some of those errors will break Mylar entirely, so the only fix would be to restart Mylar to clear them off (and then probably hitting the error again, and restarting, etc)...