How to manually select which release to download?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Cantello

How to manually select which release to download?

Post by Cantello »

I recently updated to Mylar3 and while I only sporadically use it to grab new (or older) comics, I was wondering if it is possible to manually select which release to grab. Problem: I have an older issue that I would like to grab (Black Magick 14 from 2020-09-24) and I download via sabnzbd. However, when I select this issue to manually search, it always goes to my nzb indexer, where the release is no longer (?) available on the usenet server I use. However, it is available on getcomics.info and DDL is enabled in the settings. When I disable my nzb indexers, then Mylar successfully uses DDL.

tl:dr: Is there some way to manually choose which search result to use to grab a release?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: How to manually select which release to download?

Post by evilhero »

If the issue is in a Snatched status still (from the sounds of it is, since it's not getting sent to nzbget and/or it can't be downloaded due to retention) - you should have an option on the series detail page to mark the snatch as a Failed Download. This will mark the last Snatched item as a Failed download, and subsequent searches will ignore that result as being bad and move on to any other subsequent matches.

You can also avoid this by changing your provider order. With Mylar shutdown, edit the config.ini and set your ddl to go before your nzb indexers (ie. provider_order = 0, ddl, 1, nzbindexer1, 2, nzbindexer2, 3, nzbindexer3.

This is also possible (?) via the GUI by first disabling every provider option and saving it. Then re-enabling items in the order you want them to be searched for, and then saving the configuration once you're done. You'll see the provider order listed at the top of the Providers section of the configuration once the save has completed and you can review the order (and or change it via the config.ini with Mylar not running). I mentioned the (?) as I'm not 100% sure this will work - it was mentioned in passing by a user a couple months ago, but hasn't been tested by us or anything, so again, not sure if the order will stick when changing it this way in the GUI.
kanine

Post by kanine »

evilhero wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:13 pm on the series detail page to mark the snatch as a Failed Download
I'm not seeing this option anywhere, am I missing something obvious?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The option to mark an item as Failed will only appear if you have Failed Download Handling enabled (Configuration tab / Quality & Post-Processing / Failed Download Handling).
kanine

Post by kanine »

I've been using your app for how many years now and never noticed that. Thanks!

Incidentally, I did a retry but it didn't find on an alternate source (one was available), but suspect that may be another issue altogether. But I've now enabled the Failed Download handling with Automatic Retry.