Mylar [139500] * mylar: Can't execute daemon aborting, See . /usr/bin/python

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Frost

Mylar [139500] * mylar: Can't execute daemon aborting, See . /usr/bin/python

Post by Frost »

Hello

I followed the following guide to install Mylar 3 and it looks like the service starts fine but when I look at the status it has the following error:
Mylar [139500] * mylar: Can't execute daemon aborting. See /usr/bin/python

Guide I followed: https://nzbusenet.com/en/install-mylar- ... mand-line/

I'm not sure what the problem is but if anyone could help me figure it out it would be much appreciated.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar [139500] * mylar: Can't execute daemon aborting, See . /usr/bin/python

Post by evilhero »

That link is for the old version of mylar, not for mylar3. Granted it should still work, but the init.d stuff doesn't work on newer *nix based systems.

But if you wanted to keep what you have and try, in the default file, you need to set the [PYTHON_BIN= to point to the location where you have python installed.

Aside from that, if you're running a newer *nix version, you should probably follow the read.me instructions in the /init-scripts/systemd/ directory of the Mylar3 installation as that's meant for systemd systems.
Frost

Re: Mylar [139500] * mylar: Can't execute daemon aborting, See . /usr/bin/python

Post by Frost »

Sorry I posted the wrong link to the guide I used.
It was actually this one: https://nzbusenet.com/en/install-mylar3 ... roups/amp/
Not sure if that changes your thoughts on the issue or not but thought I should mention it in case it did.
Frost

Post by Frost »

I remove the /etc/default/mylar and /etc/init.d/mylar and ran Mylar.py manually and it worked. Just have to figure out how to get it to run as a service properly.

Thanks for your help.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Follow the instructions for the system service I mentioned above if you want to run it at startup and you're running a Linux based OS. Don't use the init.d stuff if you can avoid it.