Wanted issues constantly not being found.

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
KesselRogue

Wanted issues constantly not being found.

Post by KesselRogue »

This is driving me up the wall. Every week I have a list of issues sitting in the wanted list not getting downloaded or processed and I end just going directly to the getcomics site to get them manually. Is this ever going to be fixed? Right now these are just sitting and waiting. I've already manually downloaded Snake Eyes and I see The Cimmmerian and Star Wars Insider available on the site so....

The Green Lantern Season Two 11 2021-04-01 1st [2021-02-10]
The Cimmerian: The Frost-Giant's Daughter 3 2021-02-05 1st [2021-02-05]
Snake Eyes: Deadgame 4 2020-10-01 1st [2021-02-07]
Dungeons & Dragons: At the Spine of the World 3 2020-12-01 1st [2021-02-04]
Dungeons & Dragons: At the Spine of the World 2 2020-11-01 1st [2021-02-04]
Star Wars Insider 199 2020-12-23 1st [2021-02-09]
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Wanted issues constantly not being found.

Post by evilhero »

Not sure what to tell you, GL just snatched and pp'd fine for myself.

Some of the titles with a : in them might not have been searching properly, which would have affected all but 1 of those titles. There's already a PR waiting to get merged into python3-dev that addresses this. Parsing webpages isn't a one and done kinda thing, it usually needs adjusting/fixing if even one thing changes on the site, let alone if Cloudflare is up.

Also, not quite sure I understand the "is this ever going to get fixed" aspect. This is the only the second time it's been mentioned from what I can see, so while it may have been an outstanding issue for yourself - if it's not specifically brought up by someone, it'll never get resolved and usually things are resolved pretty quickly. The first time it was mentioned, in relation to not finding a series with a / in it, was actually this morning in the iRC room. The fix was sent up an hr or so later. So it's not like we actively deny when things don't work lol.
KesselRogue

Post by KesselRogue »

re: "ever going to be fixed" sorry that's my fault. In my head it made sense because I was combining the issues with the one I posted on Git regarding the failure to find the Tapping the Vein pack (I eventually gave up on that series BTW). It just seems like each week I hit some problem where issues don't get found or download or something and it turns me into an annoying user.

BTW, after reading your reply I went in and disabled RSS feed and both newznabs leaving just DDL on. Restarted Mylar and it finally downloaded and pp'd GL and SW Insider. I dont really understand why the newznabs get in the way sometimes especially since DDL is first in the order or searchers.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Having newznabs enabled shouldn't affect DDL, especially if it's higher in the priority list.

If the program encountered an error during searching it could lock up the search queue depending on where it happened. If the search queue locks up, no more searches happen. It could also be related to the RSS aspext, albeit not quite sure atm what that would entail. Unless the newznab indexers were down or throwing back some weird results.

Without seeing a log or something, it's kind of hard to just throw out guesses unfortunately. If you wanted to try and get a carepackage up that might help, and I can look into it more.
KesselRogue

Post by KesselRogue »

Thanks, I can post a care package on Github because I am really curious to know what's going on.
KesselRogue

Post by KesselRogue »

Just saw your changelog in Announcements; updated Mylar; BOOM it all worked PERFECTLY!! Really, really great work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.