DDL downloads not being processed

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Bigfireq

DDL downloads not being processed

Post by Bigfireq »

I thought I'd start a new thread on this since the resolution on the other doesn't seem to be my problem. The issue is that comics downloaded via DDL are not successfully post-processed. They stay in the cache folder where they're downloaded until I run a manual post-process on them.

I just set up a new installation of Mylar to test. I downloaded seven comics of two different series via DDL. In the log, I do see an entry for each comic "now initiating post-processing for". So it seems like it's trying to do the post-process, but failing. And I have no idea why a manual post-process would work when the DDL post-process wouldn't.

Here's a carepackage with debug logging turned on. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amc0P-4lalQjp89fus7 ... g?e=MypG4F
morningtide

Re: DDL downloads not being processed

Post by morningtide »

I am having the same exact issue and can't seem to resolve it. Mylar is finding my wanted comics, SAB downloads them, but then they just sit there until I manually post process.

I am running Mylar in a Docker container, but not entirely sure if that is relevant in this case.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

@Bigfireq, It looks like you're trying to download via DDL when their cloudflare protection is enabled.

Normally Mylar can bypass the protection using a 3rd party module - however the module that Mylar uses hasn't been updated to include the new CF protection, and it might not be for a while (the module doesn't get updated very often unfortunately). I would suggest if you have any pending downloads sitting in your DDL Queue (Manage tab / Manage DDL), is to clear/delete them, restart Mylar and then try to download the given issues again.

If you're going to try doing the above, a hint for avoiding the CF, is to try on any other day but Wednesday. Wednesday's is when the CF protection is up on the DDL site, and you won't get anything downloaded or searched for using the DDL provider within Mylar. There was a recent update to Mylar that fixed some CF errors that were occuring so that they didn't kill the queues within Mylar - which I think is what basically happened here.

@morningtide, can you create a new topic with the relevant details inside that topic? Please include a carepackage, or at the very least a debug log showing what happens from the beginning of the search to the point of failure where it doesn't post-process the given item.
Bigfireq

Post by Bigfireq »

I did indeed run into the Cloudflare problem when I started this, but I've also downloaded plenty at other times. If the comics are getting into the cache, what would stop them from being processed at that point?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The post-processing queue must have locked up somewhere on a post-processing run is probably the only explanation. I see the post-processing initiating in the logs, but there's nothing following that pertains to post-processing.

Can you try fully shutting down Mylar and then starting it up (with debug logging enabled of course), and then going into the Manage tab / Manage DDL and see if anything is in a Queued or Downloading status (the Downloading status should be downloading at that point, but there have been some instances where it doesn't auto-start to download again). If evertyhing seems ok, just try a single search & download via DDL to see what happens and hopefully it can log something regarding the post-processing.
pjones112000

Post by pjones112000 »

I've been having this problem for quite some time...the only way to restart the downloads is to stop/restart Mylar. Clicking the Restart Queue only produces an error popup but doesn't actually do anything.

I've tried, in my spare time, to try to debug what I could to identify the cause; however, I just don't have the time or patience or core understanding of how it was written to fully debug it.

I thought perhaps I was having issues with an update maybe not overwriting some JavaScript code, so I even deleted everything and reloaded from scratch; however, it obviously didn't help.