Cloudflare scrape error

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
goin3d

Cloudflare scrape error

Post by goin3d »

Did a fresh install today of the qnap package running the latest pull of master. Version: 5e4059bf521b50edf35072e1a1222ef4c6bc9c6e (master)

When searching I get:

2020-11-25 11:05:43 WARNING [WARNING] Unable to scrape remote site, stopped by a small tank. Error returned as : Unable to identify Cloudflare IUAM Javascript on website. Cloudflare may have changed their technique, or there may be a bug in the script.

I know this came up a while back but was fixed. Not sure why I’m getting it suddenly.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Cloudflare scrape error

Post by evilhero »

Unfortunately there's not much we can do - Mylar uses a 3rd party module in order to try and bypass CF. The module we use is updated very infrequently and when CF changes their challenges the module will fail with the result you're getting.

So while we wait for an update in the module (which honestly might never come, who knows) - your best bet is to try on a day other than Wednesday ;) This has hit me before and simply trying later in the day or any other day than Wednesday usually means that CF isn't up and you'd be good to go.

The DDL site gets hit HARD on Wednesday as everyone and their dogs try to get their latest comic fix, so because of that their CF starts to fire up as they get flooded with searches/downloads/etc. So either try on another day, or maybe at a later point - your best bet would be to maybe disable DDL temporarily if it hasn't been already by Mylar due to the above error (I believe Mylar blocks it from being used for like 6 hours by default when it figures out a site is unresponsive).

I know it's not the best response, "try another day or later in the day" - but there's not much that I can do without that module getting updated :(
goin3d

Re: Cloudflare scrape error

Post by goin3d »

Thanks for the info! At least I know it’s not related to my new install!