Page 1 of 1

New install - cbr to cbz won't work

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 pm
by perezmu
Hi, I tried a new install in anew ubuntu system of both, hotio and ajslater mylar3...

Everything is working fine, but this:

2020-08-27 23:04:30 WARNING [META-TAGGER][COMIC-TAGGER][CBR-TO-CBZ] Failed to convert cbr to cbz - check permissions on folder : /config/app/cache and/or the location where Mylar is trying to tag the files from.

I get this error for every single file... the cache folder permissions seem to be ok, and the owner is the same running in the docker container... any tip how I can troubleshoot this?


Re: New install - cbr to cbz won't work

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 am
by evilhero
There seems to be some discrepancies with the unrar binary that's just come to light (not sure why now all of a sudden as opposed to when we removed it all, but w/e).

There's a github issue posted here that explains what a user did to get everything running. Short answer is that we need to find a way to get the unrar binary into the docker build (or installed I guess, I don't use docker so I really don't know atm). Once it's installed, then Mylar should be able to find it on startup - if it can't then you need to edit the .ComicTagger/settings file located within the root of Mylar in most cases and set the rar_exe_path field to the location of the unrar binary (ie. I have mine set to /usr/bin/unrar but that's Ubuntu, not docker).

This just came to light, so trying to figure out a way to get this all somewhat automated for everyone and I'm obviously all ears since I don't use docker (probably should at some point).

Re: New install - cbr to cbz won't work

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:50 am
by perezmu

I seem to have solved it differently... I am not sure if one thing is related to the other...

I logged in into the docker container terminal as hotio, which is the user running mylar... I found that the /home/abc/ and subsequent directories (including .CommicTagger/) were owned by root instead of hotio. So I logged in back as root, changed owner of those dirs, et voila! It is working now...

I am not sure what is going on, really... I am just playing by ear.