Problem importing: Manual intervention required

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
perezmu

Problem importing: Manual intervention required

Post by perezmu »

Hello,

While trying to import comics from my 0-days download folder, I usually find that there are several options available. This is reflected in the logs by lines like this:

Code: Select all

Line 63272: 20-May-2020 10:27:27 - INFO    :: mylar.preSearchit.4665 : Thread-43 : [IMPORT] Returning results to Select option - there are 3 possibilities, manual intervention required.
Then in the Manage import Results screen, I find that the [Import] button has been changed into [Select], but if I click on it, the page redisplays, and nothing else happens. Then the log reads:

20-May-2020 11:06:17 - WARNING :: mylar.importresults_popup.4790 : CP Server Thread-4 : There are no search results to view for this entry Action Comics [426123]. Something is probably wrong.
So, what might being happening...? Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Problem importing: Manual intervention required

Post by evilhero »

You need to post the full debug logs showing the import - it'll be long and just a tonne of verbose stuff, but I need to see the exact filenames that are being imported along with whether or not any metadata is being picked up via the importer. Just posting a one-liner showing a single log entry provides no context as to what the actual problem is, or where it's even coming from.

The importer is going through a re-work currently (has been for more than a month now, isolation w/kids does not equal productivity) - so this type of error won't occur in the new build, but it's still a ways off since there's a lot of manual testing / fixing which takes an inordinate amount of time.
perezmu

Post by perezmu »

Sure. Should I post it here or use pastebin?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Either or, pastebin might be better suited if it's a really large one.

There is a really easy & better way as far as giving me as much information as possible:

Go into your Import Results Management, clear your existing import via the Clear button, then go back to the Import A Directory page and re-do the import (make sure debug logs are enabled before perhaps). Then when it's completed, go into the Import Results Management and try to recreate the problem you're having - once you do, go directly into the configuration (gear icon) and click on the carepackage button at the top right. This will generate a carepackage.zip file that contains your mylar.db, your 'cleaned' config.ini, and all of your 'cleaned' logfiles. It will drop into the cache folder of your Mylar install or if you're remotely accessing your Mylar it will also download it via the web browser. Then get that carepackage.zip to me somehow, and that'll be perfect.
perezmu

Post by perezmu »

Ooooop.

I cannot find the "carepackage" button... maybe I am on an older version?

Configuration Options
Mylar Version: (HEAD detached at 94dcfd1)
-- git build 94dcfd13f6c8be5836ca76324ebbe585bda642fc.
Python Version : 2.7.16
Language : en_US.UTF-8
I am using a docker container included in cloudbox...

In the meantime, my log is posted here: https://pastebin.com/BVVf73Ds

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeaahh, that's the python2 version of Mylar - which is only getting critical bug fixes, as it's almost EOL.

We've moved development & support to the python3 branch located here. Lots of new development on the python3 that does not exist in the python2 branch, plus lots of improvements. As far as docker goes, you'd have to google - there are a few docker versions of Mylar3 out there but atm I can't link/think of one.

As an aside, logs perfect btw - thanks for that. Can you confirm something - do you have Action Comics on your watchlist already ? Specifically the issue (#1018 I think it was) that you were trying to import from the pack - does that series exist already ?
perezmu

Post by perezmu »

I am going to try v3...

In the meantime...
As an aside, logs perfect btw - thanks for that. Can you confirm something - do you have Action Comics on your watchlist already ? Specifically the issue (#1018 I think it was) that you were trying to import from the pack - does that series exist already ?
No, Action Comics is not on my watchlist... I selected the mark "Auto add new series" in the import page... Since I was having problems to import, I decided to run "Post process" on that folder first, and that took care of all comics already in my watched list, I think. So, none of the ones in the log are yet in my db