Rename tag $Type not working

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
perezmu

Rename tag $Type not working

Post by perezmu »

Hello,

I have set up my rename scheme to use the $Type tag, expecting it woud add "Digital" or "TBP" as needed.

This was my template:

$Series $Annual $Issue ($Year) [$Type]

However I ended up with names like this:

"Wonder Woman Agent of Peace 002 (2020) [$Type]"

What am I doing wrong? I expeceted to get "Wonder Woman Agent of Peace 002 (2020) [Digital]"

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Rename tag $Type not working

Post by evilhero »

There's an option in the config.ini under the [General] section called format_booktype. With Mylar not running, set the value to True (the default value is False).

The $Type was/is an experimental option file renaming - there was a period of time when it was really glitching out, and putting incorrect values where it shouldn't have, but I think it might have passed that and seems to be working as per expected now. We'll probably move it out of the 'hidden' aspect and make it a usable option by default in the coming weeks.
perezmu

Post by perezmu »

That makes sense. Many thanks!
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

Just wanted to say that I found this helpful (the hidden setting). Thank you.

However, it's not adding "Print" to any folders. "Digital" and "TPB" seem to show up just fine, so wondering if "Print" is a default or something and it just won't add it to the folder name. Just showing up as "()". Thanks, as always for all the work you put into this.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

musictrivianut wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:28 am Just wanted to say that I found this helpful (the hidden setting). Thank you.

However, it's not adding "Print" to any folders. "Digital" and "TPB" seem to show up just fine, so wondering if "Print" is a default or something and it just won't add it to the folder name. Just showing up as "()". Thanks, as always for all the work you put into this.
It won't add Print as that's the default and assumed for most - when you see a series usually online on any platform it doesn't contain Print, but if it's a TPB, GN, digital etc it will display it - so we follow the same naming aspect in that regards.

Would need to see your folder format to see what the issue is but alot of the problems with "()" being generated where the format would go is when the $Type variable is placed somewhere in the folder format that mylar had a problem parsing out.
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

Folder format is - $Year/$Series ($Year) ($Type) ($VolumeN)

And it looks like it is behaving the way it should, adding every type except Print.

Thanks again!