What is the proper windows path syntax?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
candre23

What is the proper windows path syntax?

Post by candre23 »

Sorry if this has been answered before, but the search feature on this forum ignores "path" or "directory" as being too common, and there's nothing in the documentation that I can find.

I just installed mylar 3 on my server, and it's failing to scan my comics directory. I suspect it's because it wants linux-style path syntax, and I'm running a windows 2012 server.

I copied a few series into "Z:\Books\test" and pointed mylar at that directory, but the error in the log is

Code: Select all

28-Mar-2020 10:05:09 - WARNING :: mylar.libraryScan.39 : LibraryScan : Cannot find directory: Z:\Books\test. Not scanning
How do I format the path so mylar can work with it?

Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: What is the proper windows path syntax?

Post by evilhero »

From the looks of it, it looks like you're running Mylar on a windows machine and you're trying to map it to your linux server directory ? Mylar will replace the slashes as appropriate for your operating system (so if you're running on windows, and you have the mapping set to a linux-style, as you do in your example, then it reverts them to a windows-style as that's defined by the OS).

So yeah, basically what it's saying is that the user running Mylar does not have proper access to the Z:\ share, let alone the Z:\Books\test share. Ensure the permissions are right for the user for that specific mapping and then it should be able to find the directory properly (just tested against Mylar on a windows 10 machine, SMB to a linux share - picked up the location just fine regardless of the slash directions).