Moving folders?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
AtariBaby

Moving folders?

Post by AtariBaby »

I have gotten into the habit of moving comic title folders into a sub folder called “Filed” once I’m done reading, or lose interest. Makes it much easier to navigate the comics I do want to access regularly. Is there a feature in Mylar to move them?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Moving folders?

Post by evilhero »

So what you're asking for is if something exists that will physically move the items from one location to another based on a status (ie. Archived).

There is multi-directory support for series, that will not write anything to but it will monitor for changes. So if you have a directory in your ComicLocation path (ie. C:\Comics\Superhero-(2016)\) and you want to have your Archived comics in another directory (ie. D\Archived\Comics\Superhero-(2016)\), Mylar will monitor both locations for issues and status' accordingly. However any new downloads/post-processes will go into the directory that's attached to your ComicLocation path (ie. C:\Comics\Superhero-(2016)\). So you can in theory physically move the items from the first path to the 2nd path, and it won't affect how it looks within Mylar. You'd have to have a script or something tho in order to move the items back and forth.

Not sure if that's what you meant or not - but if you're moving the actual series directories that Mylar monitors into another location, then no there's nothing in Mylar that can move them per-se.
AtariBaby

Re: Moving folders?

Post by AtariBaby »

Thank you!