Doesn't search because one is currently running, and one comic stuck updating forever.

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
senorsmartypants

Doesn't search because one is currently running, and one comic stuck updating forever.

Post by senorsmartypants »

Mylar isn't running searches, it thinks one is already running.

Code: Select all

2019-11-06 12:32:44	DEBUG	ReScheduled job: Auto-Search to 2019-11-07 00:32:44
2019-11-06 12:32:44	INFO	A search is currently in progress....queueing this up again to try in a bit.
2019-11-06 12:32:44	INFO	[SEARCH] Running Search for Wanted.
2019-11-06 12:32:44	INFO	[Auto-Search (trigger: interval[6:00:00], next run at: 2019-11-07 00:26:04 UTC)] Now force submitting job for jobid search
And I have one comic on the home page that status is always "spinning"

I've fixed the not searching before by restarting, but that's not helping today.

I'm running the latest LSIO docker version, so not the dev branch.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Doesn't search because one is currently running, and one comic stuck updating forever.

Post by evilhero »

Try going into Manage / Manage Jobs and see what the status is for the Auto-Search. What you can try is to set it to Pause (or Stop can't recall which one it's labelled as atm), and then once it's done that - you can start the Auto-Search job again and see if that works.

Odds are it will start it immediately though if the other searches haven't completed a full cycle - which might be due to a traceback/error of some kind, so you might have to watch the logs to see if something is crashing it.

Spinning comic can be any number of things, but usually you can try to delete the series ( not the folder ), and readd it to see if that solves things. Otherwise, it could be that:
- CV is down / you've hit your limit on CV for the hour
- there's an issue present in the issue list that Mylar wasn't expecting to find (ie. not a 'normal' type of issue)
- if it's a TPB/GN, the description on CV might be different than what Mylar is built to parse so it just says 'nope'.

Last 2 points would require a code update if that's what is happening.
senorsmartypants

Re: Doesn't search because one is currently running, and one comic stuck updating forever.

Deleting the spinning comic and adding it again resolved the stuck spinning.

Pausing auto search and then doing a force check for wanted does the same thing, "A search is currently in progress....queueing this up again to try in a bit."

I don't see anything crashing in the debug log in the webui. I'm going to leave auto search on pause for now just to see if it ever finishes or something changes.
senorsmartypants

I have two torznab search providers setup. One is disabled now but still in my config. Hitting the test button never displays a result (32p provider test button returns fine). I know the enabled torznab provider works as it has been working for weeks/months.

Just mentioning this in case it is relevant.

*Edit*

I disabled torznab in the UI and restarted. Auto search ran and grabbed a missing comic from GetComics. I'll try removing my disabled torznab and turning back on the one that works.
senorsmartypants

Removing the disabled torznab provider that pointed to a previously removed jackett provided seems to have done the trick.

Sounds like some unhandled error in my weird edge case.