Why does Mylar remove apostrophes?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Why does Mylar remove apostrophes?

Post by leaderdog »

I'm curious as to why this happens. After I did the maintenance on the mylar.db. All folders that used to have a dash or had apostrophes were ignored or changed.

I just grabbed

Code: Select all

Lumberjanes - Somewhere That's Green 001 (2019) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)
put it into Mylar did a recheck and then a rename (going through and adding (year-date) because import in mylar ignores files without dates on them despite the folder having the date on it - just to help future proof in case I need to redo this all) it changes the file name to:

Code: Select all

Lumberjanes Somewhere Thats Green - (2019-05) - 001
The folder as well has no apostrophe either. Is this a linux/python limitation that's carried over to windows?

I also wish there would have been an option that when there is a : like how comic vine lists everything, we could enter in our choice of spacer. Either nothing like it does now, or a "-" to keep the books looking more organized.

All my folders that had a dash in them were ignored by Mylar's Maintenance. I had to move the books out of the folder with a dash to the one without in order to just be compatible with the way Mylar does things. Otherwise (like with the date above) in case of a catastrophic failure, like what I had, I can reduce the number of hours it'll take to get things organized again.