0-day doesn't seem to download unless I restart Mylar

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

0-day doesn't seem to download unless I restart Mylar

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

No logs sadly, but all day nothing downloaded for Mylar, Althub has had the files for the majority of the day (or at least a good deal of them) I thought the rss was just suppose to be grabbing them, but I could be wrong.

I did latest update, just the one DDL that I am not using.

Restarted Mylar and it went to work grabbing files.

Now, the past two month or more, I haven't really gotten many comics downloaded, but I also haven't been restarting Mylar. Only when I saw an update, and usually it would grab maybe four files and then stop. So I ended up just grabbing everything via newsleecher and letting Mylar sort it, which it did well for the majority of files. My wanted list was up over 1000 titles. yeesh, I removed some that don't get scanned so that helped reduce the number plus after downloading the files wanted is back down around 400. A lot of files that were missed are sitting on the newsgroup and were listed on althub and a couple other sites.

So not sure what the problem might be, and not sure what you can suggest since no logs.

I update my python to: 2.7.16
installed latest sabnzbd

wasn't sure if I could/should update cherrypy.

It grabbed about 23 files, and the rest of them aren't being downloaded (yet?). I'll leave it over night to see if anything happens. There are at least 30 more issues that are sitting on althub from today's release, but haven't been grabbed by Mylar.
Stuff like:

Code: Select all

Invaders 003 (2019) (Oroboros-DCP)  12 Hrs

Invader Zim 041 (2019) (digital) (d 'argh-Empire)    12 Hrs

Shazam! 004 (2019) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)  12 Hrs

Outcast 040 (2019) (Digital-Empire)  12 Hrs
barbequesauce

Re: 0-day doesn't seem to download unless I restart Mylar

Post by barbequesauce »

Sounds like the the search thread is crashing for some reason. It will be tough to nail down without knowing what branch and commit you’re running, and debug logs...
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi bbqsauce,

I figured it would be tough. I let it run all night and nothing else was downloaded. I did toggle on the debug, but i believe it was after it had already downloaded everything. So I've attached the log to my dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjcyc5byesvmv ... g.rar?dl=0

As for info
Windows 7
Configuration Options
Mylar Version: development
-- git build a6a14cbdaedb7550ed05472c6fb26b2bc71d3e42.
Python Version : 2.7.16
Language : en_US.cp1252

I'll restart Mylar, flip on the debug mode and send that log as well.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi,

Ok so after killing the instance on the windows 7 machine (runs all the time if power doesn't go out). Mylar started grabbing more files. Exactly 30 files.

I had renamed the mylar.log so it would create a new one and toggled debug on as soon as it loaded up. Here that is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3d50koqr8y0x ... g.rar?dl=0

Hulkverines.02.of.3.2019.Webrip-DCP

was the last of the 0day grabbed. but it also picked up one last file which is:

Oh.S!t.It.s.Kim.and.Kim.005.2019.digital.Son.of.Ultron-Empire

after that nothing.

I again checked althub and a bunch of the files still weren't picked up including the 4 I pointed out in the first post.
Probably 25-30ish files still able to download I bleieve, and Mylar says there are 38 more for this week to download (of course not all will be there)

I've changed nothing on my server, Sonarr and Radarr still do their thing without intervention.

That is why I updated the Python and put the latest version of Sab on, just in case there was some weird incompatibility.

Thanks for any help. :)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Ok,

I killed the mylar instance, renamed the log again to create a new one, restarted and hit debug on, and nothing happened. Here's that file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxxmods1oixzn ... g.rar?dl=0

I did investigate a bit and noticed that some of the issues that weren't picked up were not "updated" from comicvine. They're listed but with no date. So I see why they wouldn't pick up.

But Shazam! is listed with date. Does the '!' interfere?

File name on althub is:
Shazam! 004 (2019) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)

These are listed with date, but not picked up:
Umbrella Academy - Hotel Oblivion 006 (2019) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)
Ironheart 004 (2019) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
Black Widow 003 (2019) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
Quincredible 005 (2019) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)

There are more too, I just won't post them. Something else must be causing the hiccup

This one wasn't updated, so I did a refresh, the file is available on althub, and after refresh it didn't look for the file er, well it didn't download the file.
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 041 (2019) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)

So yeah, again, any help is appreciated. :)
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

Shazam! just DDLd fine for me, so it's not that.

Looking at that log there's nothing jumping out (other than 6box nzb errors - you might want to disable them until they fix their stuff). Was there more after 09:44:08?
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Thanks for looking into this.

Nothing has downloaded since I last posted. 6box test passes in the Search providers. But I can uncheck it for now.
Here's the log up to now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25b6qylycunjg ... g.rar?dl=0

I'll disable 6box and kill the Mylar instance again, see if anything happens. That will leave only althub as my search provider.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I just tested Shazam! against altHUB and it came down fine with no issues.

I did notice that in your logs that there are no API searches being done - only RSS searches. The RSS searches fire off every 20 minutes, or when using the Force RSS option, or when the 6hr search interval strikes and it performs both an RSS + API search for those issues.

There is also a 1st tier, 2nd tier searching (which can be seen from the Upcoming tab). The 1st tier gets both RSS+API searched every 6hrs for a 2 week period (starting from the point it was added to the Wanted list). The 2nd tier only gets an RSS search done during the 6hr period. In order to search for items in the 2nd tier - you have to perform a Manual Search for the given issue(s).

Try going to your Shazam! series page, and click on the magnifying glass icon beside the latest issue. I'm going to bet that it will download the item just fine at that point.

Which would point to something occurring in your search (meaning the timed 6hr / Force Check search) that's locking up the process for some reason. So you could kick things off by doing a Force Check from the Upcoming tab and that should start the search process and anything that locks up the process / causes an error - you'll be able to see in the logs (just enable debug logging prior)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

No such luck. I initiate manual download of Shazam at:
28-Mar-2019 12:06:11

here's the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o6qd18wu23eh ... g.rar?dl=0

20 minutes later I'm posting this and it didn't download. So unless it will take longer, something is definitely wrong. ;)

When I hit the Force Check on the Wanted page:

Code: Select all

28-Mar-2019 12:32:34 - INFO    :: mylar.schedulerForceCheck.2469 : CP Server Thread-7 : [Auto-Search (trigger: interval[6:00:00], next run at: 2019-03-28 21:09:52 UTC)] Now force submitting job for jobid search
28-Mar-2019 12:32:34 - INFO    :: mylar.run.28 : Thread-17 : [SEARCH] Running Search for Wanted.
28-Mar-2019 12:32:34 - INFO    :: mylar.searchforissue.1582 : Thread-17 : A search is currently in progress....queueing this up again to try in a bit.
28-Mar-2019 12:32:34 - DEBUG   :: mylar.job_management.3573 : Thread-17 : ReScheduled job: Auto-Search to 2019-03-29 00:32:34
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I don't see the [AUTO-SEARCH] firing off in your startup logs, which leads me to believe that the auto-search isn't loading properly.

Try going into your Manage tab / Activity Jobs. Near the bottom of that list of jobs you'll see the Auto-Search job. If the status is anything other than Waiting you need to click on the Resume option in order to fire back up the job. Just to be safe, if you do happen to click on the Resume option, restart Mylar just to see if that helps in the grand scheme of re-enabling the option.

I'm not 100% sure why - but it's definitely having a problem with adding the job to the search queue. The issue date error in the logs can be fixed by just refreshing the series, although it's a bit puzzling why it's still there at all at the moment (does your weekly pull have a somewhat recent last Updated date at the bottom of the weekly page ? )

Also, if you're restarting Mylar alot - you might want to disable the nzb search on startup option so that it doesn't go to do an immediate search on startup (since it's not completing the task, it'll just keep on firing off on each restart until it's able to complete successfully).