Mylar not loading on Mac

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
oldirtdog

Mylar not loading on Mac

Post by oldirtdog »

I have been running Mylar on my Mac for a while now... It runs Sierra and I am on the Master release, but I am not able to pull down the version as I cannot get into the web interface... At some point, it stopped running. I tried to restart, but this is as far as it gets:

05-May-2017 13:10:50 - INFO :: MainThread : [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Found comic directory: /Applications/Mylar
05-May-2017 13:10:50 - ERROR :: MainThread : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Mylar/Mylar.py", line 274, in <module>
main()
File "/Applications/Mylar/Mylar.py", line 200, in main
mylar.CFG = ConfigObj(mylar.CONFIG_FILE, encoding='utf-8')
File "/Applications/Mylar/lib/configobj.py", line 1242, in __init__
self._load(infile, configspec)
File "/Applications/Mylar/lib/configobj.py", line 1332, in _load
raise error
ParseError: Invalid line at line "213".

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Mylar/Mylar.py", line 274, in <module>
main()
File "/Applications/Mylar/Mylar.py", line 200, in main
mylar.CFG = ConfigObj(mylar.CONFIG_FILE, encoding='utf-8')
File "/Applications/Mylar/lib/configobj.py", line 1242, in __init__
self._load(infile, configspec)
File "/Applications/Mylar/lib/configobj.py", line 1332, in _load
raise error
configobj.ParseError: Invalid line at line "213".

I'm sorry I can't give you more info, but I'm pretty lost at this point... if I have to reinstall, that's fine, but I need to be able to pick right back where I was... I have put a TON of time in getting this thing lookin right :). Thank you in advance... you put out a great product...
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar not loading on Mac

Post by evilhero »

Your config.ini file has an error on line 213 according to that error - whether it's a hidden character (newline, tab, etc), it's not liking it.

If you can find that line and paste in here I can help more. Aside from moving the config.ini to another location and starting mylar so it can generate a new config, that's probably the only other solution (note that if you were to do that, you'd have to manually put your config back as you couldn't copy/paste it due to the error - and you can't edit the config.ini when mylar is running. So you would start it and then quickly shut it down before it did the pullist / Rss stuff and then you'd have a clean config.ini to start from)
oldirtdog

Re: Mylar not loading on Mac

Post by oldirtdog »

Thank you.. that's exactly what it was... somehow, there was a [u at the end... weird... deleted and everything started up again... you are the man, as usual...