Comic Vine Error

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
disposablehero

Comic Vine Error

Post by disposablehero »

Hi,

today while starting Mylar I got this Warning:

Code: Select all

2017-03-25 07:46:42	WARNING	Error fetching data from ComicVine: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Furthermore, when trying to refresh something on my list i get:

2017-03-25 07:47:38	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\Mylar\mylar\logger.py", line 158, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 761, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "c:\Mylar\mylar\updater.py", line 286, in dbUpdate
cchk = mylar.importer.addComictoDB(ComicID, mismatch, annload=annload, csyear=csyear)
File "c:\Mylar\mylar\importer.py", line 101, in addComictoDB
comic = cv.getComic(comicid, 'comic')
File "c:\Mylar\mylar\cv.py", line 153, in getComic
return GetComicInfo(comicid, dom)
File "c:\Mylar\mylar\cv.py", line 217, in GetComicInfo
tracks = dom.getElementsByTagName('issue')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'
Seems more like an issue with Comic Vine, then Mylar?

I´m using:
Mylar Version: development
-- git build e7f4a5b8adcf5e2266dc93efa85810ccb920ec57.
Python Version : 2.7.5
on a Win 7 Maschine.

Thanks
DH
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Comic Vine Error

Post by evilhero »

Well the commit today that went into dev set cv to use their https url instead if their non-https one, since cv will be switching over to https only soon and I was trying to get ahead of any problems like this before they dropped the non-https.

Now why you haven't encountered something like this before I dunno, because the problem is actually your python version. Mylar requires at a minimum 2.7.9 (and has for a while), due to ssl certificate verifications. The good news is that since you're on windows, you can just install a newer 2.7.x python and it should fix things - you'll get warnings about insecure access but it will work.

If you wanted secure access, you'd need to have at least 2.7.9 installed and then set cv_verify in the config.ini to 1 (note that you might have to install openssl, or the cryptography package for python but it will indicate that in an error log).
disposablehero

Post by disposablehero »

Thank you, good Sir! This really fixed my Issue.

This might be a dumb question: You said, Mylar needs at least Python 2.7.9 installed. What would be the "best" Python Version? I wasnt aware that I need to update my Python, where would I find that information, that which Python Version is required to run Mylar?

Thanks again
DH
NiteAngyl

Post by NiteAngyl »

Hi evilhero,

I've got quite the same problem. I'm running Mylar on a Qnap with python 2.7.13 and the latest build of Mylar. I've tried your suggestion, adding cv_verify = 1 to the config.ini, but it's removed from the config.ini at startup. I've tried a git pull for the latest version (it is), and a clean re-install afterwards.

In the Configuration Option it says that Mylar's running the development branch. At the bottom of the page it's "Version: 3fa3cfe032f0b567af34f902c3348da4f287222f (master)"

Also, comics like Avengers (2016) and Doctor Strange don't refresh-- that's perhaps because of the .MU comics? Maybe these two issues are related somehow. I've paused both comics in the meantime.

Is there anything else I might miss?

With best regards,
Ronald.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

disposablehero wrote:Thank you, good Sir! This really fixed my Issue.

This might be a dumb question: You said, Mylar needs at least Python 2.7.9 installed. What would be the "best" Python Version? I wasnt aware that I need to update my Python, where would I find that information, that which Python Version is required to run Mylar?

Thanks again
DH
There's no real right version above 2.7.9 being thrv minimum required. The later versions might change some small settings within and it isn't require you to update your openssl in some cases - but I use 2.7.9 to code mylar with and that's the version that has all the necessary patches for certificate verification, thus the minimum requirement.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

NiteAngyl wrote:Hi evilhero,

I've got quite the same problem. I'm running Mylar on a Qnap with python 2.7.13 and the latest build of Mylar. I've tried your suggestion, adding cv_verify = 1 to the config.ini, but it's removed from the config.ini at startup. I've tried a git pull for the latest version (it is), and a clean re-install afterwards.

In the Configuration Option it says that Mylar's running the development branch. At the bottom of the page it's "Version: 3fa3cfe032f0b567af34f902c3348da4f287222f (master)"

Also, comics like Avengers (2016) and Doctor Strange don't refresh-- that's perhaps because of the .MU comics? Maybe these two issues are related somehow. I've paused both comics in the meantime.

Is there anything else I might miss?

With best regards,
Ronald.
If your config isn't saving the changes, I'm betting that mylar is still running while your editing the config.ini. You need to make sure mylar isn't running, edit the config.ini, save it and then start mylar back up. This is due to mylar saving the config fileat various points and it will hammer any changes you made while it was running.

You should probably also make sure that the git_branch field within the config.ini is set to development and not master, as it defaults to master (the git_branch is what mylar uses when checking to see how many commits behind you are, as an example)

The mu issues not refreshing is probably due to the cv problems you're experiencing - once you can establish the cv_verify then it should work thereafter (provided you have openssl installed and the other necessary python modules for ssl verification).
NiteAngyl

Post by NiteAngyl »

Hello evilhero,

Thank you for your reply. Right off the bat, I was unable to edit my post in time-- I'm running 2.7.13 on my system, but Mylar runs on 2.7.9; I mistyped.

Concerning the config.ini, the branch is explicitly set to development and the line cv_verify gets erased at every startup of Mylar. Just out of curiousity I've changed git_branch to master but that edit's actually saved at startup. It seems like cv_verify isn't supported in my build of Mylar and is purged out of the config.ini due to compatibility issues?
Is there a specific place I have to enter this value other than [General]? (unlikely)

I'm running config_version 6 if that's of any help. And I'm positive I have all r/w permissions necessary.

With best regards,
Ronald.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

If the cv_verify isn't sticking then you're running the master branch. The cv_verify is only in the dev atm so that's the telltale sign that you're running master.

How did you install mylar - git or source? If you installed from source you probably need to grab the latest dev source and use that.

If it's git, doing a simple git pull in the mylar root directory will update it. Then

git branch development
to switch to dev.

In both the above cases you need to make sure the config.ini git_branch is set to development and then you should be good to go from that vantage point.
NiteAngyl

Post by NiteAngyl »

I managed to install the development version. First I installed clintonhall's .qpkg and then switched to dev via

git checkout development
When I do a

git pull
in the root directory it says I'm already up-to-date. cv_verify also sticks in the config.ini, so that's definitely a step forward.

After I've copied my backup of the .db, cache and config.ini back to Mylar's dir, Mylar's accessible via its usual webpage. At the bottom of the page it says that I'm at Version: 5f8d3a95332d7a26f41749b8389ea436faf085cb (development), and in the config it also states that I'm running the dev at 2.7.9

When I press "Check for new version" the log states on a warning level that it "Could not get the latest commit from Github." Hopefully that's because there are no newer commits available.

When I select the tab "This week" I'm getting the following error, which I've never seen before:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "lib/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "lib/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Mylar/Mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 1568, in pullist
repoll = self.manualpull(weeknumber=weekinfo['weeknumber'],year=weekinfo['year'])
File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Mylar/Mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 1806, in manualpull
weeklypull.pullit()
File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Mylar/Mylar/mylar/weeklypull.py", line 171, in pullit
for i in open(newrl):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Mylar/Mylar/cache/newreleases.txt'
I've checked that the file newreleases.txt is non-existent in the mentioned directory. There is a file with the same name under /share/../Mylar/config/cache instead. It's a pull list of October last year.

So hopefully you can understand my confusion atm; despite following your instructions, I've got the notion that both the master and dev branch are installed in the Mylar root directory. I can, and hopefully I am, mistaken with this understanding. I'm actually not asking for a step-by-step tutorial because that's absolutely not necessary. Just an insight on the structure I've described would be very helpful.

Take care with best regards,
Ronald.