Mass Directory change

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Drobb

Mass Directory change

Post by Drobb »

Im having trouble getting the mass directory to change correctly. The log seems to indicate that it is working but it doesnt appear to actually do it. Ive set
locmove = 1
newcom_dir = J:/Comics
and the log shows

2017-03-11 03:50:43 INFO Sucessfully ordered 560 series in your watchlist.
2017-03-11 03:50:43 INFO Remapping the sorting to allow for new additions.
2017-03-11 03:50:43 INFO Updated 561 series to a new Comic Location as specified in the config.ini
2017-03-11 03:50:05 INFO FFTONEWCOM_DIR is not enabled. I will keep existing subdirectory paths, and will only change the actual Comic Location in the path.
2017-03-11 03:50:05 INFO [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Found comic directory: J:\Comics
2017-03-11 03:50:05 INFO Performing a one-time mass update to Comic Location

yet all the comics retain their old location data. Also i noticed it says that FFTONEWCOM_DIR is not set, is this something i should change/add/set?
any help would be greatly appreciated as manual switching all these would take some time

Also I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and creating such a great and useful tool
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mass Directory change

Post by evilhero »

Your slashes are going different ways - the directory in your comic location path is showing as J:\Comics, but your newcom_dir is set to J:/Comics, which might be a typo based upon the entry.

You also cannot change the comic location from the previous location until after the locmove has successfully completed. It's required because it needs to be able to find the previous location path within the db entries in order to replace them with the new entry. So, I would try:

Code: Select all

(with Mylar shutdown)
- set locmove to 1 if it's not already
- set your comic location path to your original location.
- then set your newcom_dir to the new path (again if it's not set)
then start up mylar and it should migrate all the paths within the db to the proper location.

The FFTONEWCOM_DIR setting is only if you're wanting to alter your subdirectory paths (meaning if an original location was F:\Comics\Superhero (2016), it could be altered at this stage to F:\Comics\Marvel\Superhero (2016), if you had your folder format string in the GUI set to $Publisher\$Series $Year kinda format). If your series subdirectories are already set up, and/or you don't want to change the layout just the initial comic location leave the FFTONEWCOM_DIR option not set.

Sorry about the delay in responding, for some reason I missed this post and just caught it now - normally I'm fairly responsive when it comes to the posts on here...