uTorrent Label issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Gamer106

uTorrent Label issue

Post by Gamer106 »

Everything's working great as far as where incomplete downloads are placed and where complete ones are moved, except it's not appending the label "comics" to them, so uTorrent just sees them as No Label, and dumps the completed downloads into the base Complete folder, rather than Complete\comics. I've tried renaming the label and creating a directory other than "comics", but it still isn't adding a label, so uTorrent has no idea where to send the completed downloads except in the main Complete folder.

Ultimately, I have a Complete folder with subdirectories for all file types (tv, movie, comics, music) and multiple completed comics just sitting in Complete rather than Complete\comics.

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: uTorrent Label issue

Post by evilhero »

Should be working as long as you're on a recent-ish build of Mylar. Can you confirm the commit/branch you're currently using of Mylar?

What do you have your label set to within Mylar for uTorrent ? What version of uTorrent are you running ?
Gamer106

Post by Gamer106 »

Mylar Version: master
-- git build 2226fed935a9f3a8dbb4816908656a200231c35e.

uTorrent Label is comics, Mylar uTorrent label set to comics
UTorrent 3.4.9 build 43295 32-bit

I'll do a git pull on Mylar and see what happens, it's been a week or so. I'm using Windows 10 also.

EDIT:
After pull;
-- git build 462c1fe0c4ae7bc63c9ce515b92e49992d59f884.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm honestly not sure what git version you're running as I don't see that commit in either branch for the last 2+months.

Can you confirm that it's indeed that commit? I'm assuming you did an initial git clone to do the install?

It's possible that the uTorrent api has changed since I tested it (on a win 10 box), so I'll have to see about that. I believe I tested on 2.2.1 or something similar, so it's quite possible the api has changed between versions.
Gamer106

Post by Gamer106 »

evilhero wrote:I'm honestly not sure what git version you're running as I don't see that commit in either branch for the last 2+months.

Can you confirm that it's indeed that commit? I'm assuming you did an initial git clone to do the install?

It's possible that the uTorrent api has changed since I tested it (on a win 10 box), so I'll have to see about that. I believe I tested on 2.2.1 or something similar, so it's quite possible the api has changed between versions.
Git 2.11.1 is installed on the Windows machine, and I pasted the build before, and after the pull. I just tried again after updating git, and it said already up to date, so I'm not sure how else to update Mylar. I followed a guide from htpc to get it setup in the first place, but can do a git-clone if that'd keep me more up to date. I honestly don't remember how I did it D:

Configuration Options
-- git build 462c1fe0c4ae7bc63c9ce515b92e49992d59f884.
Python Version : 2.7.13

MYLAR PROGRAM OPTIONS
Mylar Data Directory : c:\Mylar
Mylar Program Directory : c:\Mylar
Mylar Cache Directory : C:\Mylar\cache
Mylar Config File :c:\Mylar\config.ini
Gamer106

Post by Gamer106 »

Is there anything else I should try? A source reinstall of Mylar itself maybe? I'm happy to do that if you can point me towards what I should save so that my settings return.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Gamer106 wrote:Is there anything else I should try? A source reinstall of Mylar itself maybe? I'm happy to do that if you can point me towards what I should save so that my settings return.
No, source install would be worse as there are a few extra hurdles you need to jump through in order to use that properly.

If you can, I would try to do a fresh git clone (ie.

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/evilhero/mylar -b development
would put you on the development branch). If you want to preserve your settings/watchlist - you need to first backup your config.ini, mylar.db and your entire cache directory (it holds all the jpgs for the covers). Then wipe the directory, do a git clone, put all the above files back and then edit the config.ini and make sure that git_branch is set to development (

Code: Select all

git_branch = development
). Once you start it up, it should prompt if you want to update or not and the build at the bottom should then coincide with whatever the latest commit is of the development branch. For git to work properly with Mylar you just need to ensure that the git.exe file (or however you run it) is in your Windows PATH environment variable.

Note: Just found it - I tested it out on uTorrent 3.2.2

EDIT. Ok, scratch that - looks like there's something amiss with the torrent labelling. It 'was' working initially, now it's not setting the label but it's adding the torrent successfully. I'm looking at it atm, so hopefully can report back on the status soon.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok, this has now been fixed in the latest development commit (651535581f69c29a5b8aa153754e1a133ffe4098).
Gamer106

Post by Gamer106 »

Amazing. I just downloaded Transmission solely for Mylar to pull from blackhole/download into Complete\comics without checking this thread. I'll do what you said and report back!

SUCCESS!!! They are getting labels, however there's still one issue. They're still being placed in the main Completed folder rather than appending the label, which is comics. My Complete folder contains the directories, music, movie, tv, books, and comics. When the label is applied to anything other than comics, the downloads end up in the right directory. So yes, the label is happening now, but it's not putting them in the right place for some reason, which in this case is Complete\comics.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well unfortunately there's not much I can do in the final placement of the completed downloads - that's entirely a uTorrent problem.

From what I understand in reading, that the labels will only be used for completion if the download is not finished. With comics, since they're so small, it's quite possible that the downloads are completing before the label is applied and then it can't move them to the proper location thereafter.

Just to rule out (or see if) that's what's actually happening - you can set your uTorrent to not start downloads automatically on loading the torrents ( Preferences / UI Settings / When Adding Torrents / Don't start the download automatically). So turn off that option, then try sending a torrent from Mylar again - once you see that the label is applied then start the torrent and see what happens.

If this works (and it throws it into the correct dir), I think I can add an option (I have to double check the utorrent api since I don't use the app) within Mylar to 'start torrents on successful load' - that way it can apply the label before starting the torrent ;)