Manage Comics - can't delete multiple series

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Aimhere

Manage Comics - can't delete multiple series

Post by Aimhere »

Hi,

I wanted to clean up my Mylar database by deleting all the series which have ended AND for which I have a complete set of issues (not missing any). So I went into Manage Comics, entered "ended" into the filter box (so it shows only the series with status "ended"), selected "Show all results per page", clicked the checkbox for "select all", then unchecked the individual series where issues are missing. So far, so good.

But when I click the drop-down "Choose... selected comics" and select "Delete series", the pop-up status message in the lower right corner says "You haven't selected any series", even though dozens of series ARE selected.

This only happens if I try to delete the series en masse exactly as described above, clicking "select all" then unchecking the ones I want to keep. If I initially DO NOT click "Select all" and instead manually check a few series at a time, then do "Delete Series", it works as expected.

Is this happening simply because I've got too many series (over a hundred) selected? Or is there some problem in the logic of the "select all" checkbox?

I am running Mylar build 2638a3c0e80a7d0355ab5677fd7a2a199c97a3ad (development), on Synology Diskstation (OS: DSM 4.3).

aimhere
Aimhere

Re: Manage Comics - can't delete multiple series

Post by Aimhere »

Update: there seems to be some kind of limit on how many series can be selected on the Manage Comics page. If I have just a few series selected, the drop-down menu actions (e.g. Delete Series) work as expected, but if I have a lot selected, I get the "You haven't selected any series" message. I'm not sure at what number of selections it fails.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

What looks to be happening is when you select them en masse, it deletes up to the point where it encounters the error on the backend that it can't recover from properly. I just tried on a test db where I had roughly 450 series selected using the Select All option filtered by Ended, and then did the dropdown to select Delete Series. It ended up deleting about 30 or so, and then encountered the error and just stopped dead.

The problem isn't the number of items selected, it seems to be on series that have identical comicnames that are causing it to generate multiple comicid's to delete when it's only expecting on per series title. As is shown:

Code: Select all

29-Jan-2017 18:27:15 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-10 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Successfully deleted Batman: Dark Detective(2005)
29-Jan-2017 18:27:15 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-10 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Justice League 3000 (2013) [69851] form the DB.
29-Jan-2017 18:27:15 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-10 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Successfully deleted Justice League 3000(2013)
29-Jan-2017 18:27:15 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-10 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Jupiter's Circle (2015) [[u'81244', u'86239']] form the DB.
It stops dead on Jupiter's Circle and throws the 'did not select any' error in the GUI as it's an unexpected error. I'm not sure why it's doing what it's doing as I just started looking at this a few minutes ago, but I'll see what's happening and get it fixed so that it doesn't do what it's currently doing.

EDIT. Fixed in Development commit (1f00132) that just went up.
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

evilhero wrote: The problem isn't the number of items selected, it seems to be on series that have identical comicnames that are causing it to generate multiple comicid's to delete when it's only expecting on per series title.
Now that you mention it, I WAS trying to delete two series with the same name and year. It never occurred to me that it could be a problem.

Anyway, thanks for the fix. If I have any more trouble, I'll let you know.

Aimhere
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

Ok, now something really wierd is going on...

I updated to the new build, went to Manage Comics, selected all the series I wanted to get rid of, and chose "Delete series" from the menu. The status pop-up in the corner reported "Success" (instead of saying I had no series selected).

However... Mylar didn't actually delete any of the series. They are still in my database, even after waiting a bit and refreshing the list.

I tried again with a single series, same results.

Here's the (verbose) log:

Code: Select all

01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Red Hood/Arsenal (2015) [8] form the DB.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Successfully deleted Red Hood/Arsenal(2015)
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Red Hood/Arsenal (2015) [2] form the DB.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Successfully deleted Red Hood/Arsenal(2015)
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Red Hood/Arsenal (2015) [4] form the DB.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Red Hood/Arsenal (2015) [7] form the DB.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:24 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : [MANAGE COMICS][DELETION] Now deleting Red Hood/Arsenal (2015) [0] form the DB.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:27 - WARNING :: CP Server Thread-4 : [Warning] ComicID: 1 is incomplete - Removing from DB. You should try to re-add the series.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:27 - WARNING :: CP Server Thread-4 : [Warning] ComicID: 5 is incomplete - Removing from DB. You should try to re-add the series.
01-Feb-2017 17:17:27 - WARNING :: CP Server Thread-4 : [Warning] ComicID: 6 is incomplete - Removing from DB. You should try to re-add the series.
Now, if I go to a series' detail page and click "Delete comic", it really does seem to delete it (the series no longer appears in my Mylar library once the home page reloads). But naturally, doing it this way is tedious.

I notice that, after deleting several series from their details pages, Mylar keeps repeating the same "warning" lines as quoted above.

What's going on here?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah, that's a mistake - it's taking a string value and assuming it's a list so it's iterating over each character in the string, instead of each value of the list.

Now fixed in the latest dev that just went up moments ago (b0458c6)
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

It works! Thanks, evilhero!