weekly pull list is missing

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
vmcosco

Re: weekly pull list is missing

Post by vmcosco »

leaderdog wrote:did you shut off mylar before changing the config file?

and I hate to ask, did you save it after you changed the number? (I mean no offense, just sometimes we over look the simple step). ;)

Strange that it would revert back to 0.
Doesn't hurt to ask. Yes, I shutdown Mylar. Changed alt_pull to 2. Saved the file. Restarted Mylar. Recreated the pull list. No data. I checked the log and noticed that alt_pull showed 0. Checked config and confirmed alt_pull reverted to 0.

Very strange. I agree.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The only way it wouldn't overwrite the changes is if:
- the .ini file was write protected
- mylar was running when you edited / saved the file (as leaderdog mentioned)
- you're forcing the config.ini to be loaded from a different location than what you're currently editing. You can verify the ini location by going into the configuration tab of mylar and on the 1st tab (Information) it will give you the exact location where the files are being loaded from.

The last one usually occurs in 3rd party packages that run mylar (ie. dockers, jails, syno pkg, freenas pkg, etc.)
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

I'm seeing double wanted in the list. I still have alt_pull = 2, should I not if I'm now on Dev?
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

evilhero wrote:The only way it wouldn't overwrite the changes is if:
- you're forcing the config.ini to be loaded from a different location than what you're currently editing. You can verify the ini location by going into the configuration tab of mylar and on the 1st tab (Information) it will give you the exact location where the files are being loaded from.

The last one usually occurs in 3rd party packages that run mylar (ie. dockers, jails, syno pkg, freenas pkg, etc.)
Or you have Mylar as a service running too. Stop service, edit, restart service
vmcosco

Post by vmcosco »

evilhero wrote:The only way it wouldn't overwrite the changes is if:

Well, effectively it was "protected". I edited the configure in Notepad++, saved it, but didn't close it.

I closed the config file and all is well. Now running alt_pull = 2 and the pull list populated on restart.

Thanks and sorry for my oversight.
Ghozt

Post by Ghozt »

I switched to alt_pull = 2 in my config.ini and then booted Mylar and the weekly list now showed up for me! Thanks for all the help! :D I hope that it works for everyone else.
davel23

Post by davel23 »

A few weeks ago I was having the blank pull list problem, so based on this thread I went and changed alt_pull to 2 and restarted Mylar. Things were working fine until today when I discovered I again have a blank pull-list. I've double-checked the config and alt_pull is still set to 2. I've tried restarting Mylar several times and forcing a refresh but it still comes up blank. Please let me know if you need any more info from me to help resolve this issue. Thanks!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There's a problem currently with the weekly pull site - it's erroring out on the sql backend for some reason.

I'm looking at it right now, but having to sift through the table to find out where the discrepancy is.
davel23

Post by davel23 »

Ah, ok. Thanks for the update!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Should be back up now - just a word of warning, it's having problems with the Dr.Strange series at the moment due to it having 2 issues released this week (#17, and #1.MU). Currently it's only showing the #1.MU issue and not the #17 - so it won't show up in your pull-list at all due to this problem.

I'm looking at it currently, but it looks like I'll have to rejig the sql query to handle it properly which might take abit more time than normal...