Annuals not being recognized

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Madrox

Annuals not being recognized

Post by Madrox »

i cant get mylar to recognize the files i downloaded as the annuals. what should they be named?

comic-man annual #003 (2017) --> year of publication
comic man annual (2015) #003 --> year the series started
comic-man(2015) annual #003 --> ??

nothing seems to work for me :(
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Manual Annuals/One-shots/Specials...

Post by evilhero »

Madrox wrote:i cant get mylar to recognize the files i downloaded as the annuals. what should they be named?

comic-man annual #003 (2017) --> year of publication
comic man annual (2015) #003 --> year the series started
comic-man(2015) annual #003 --> ??

nothing seems to work for me :(
You have to remember that Mylar can't tell what you mean when you put years in the filename - it assumes that any year in the filename that's not preceded by a volume label (ie. Vol.2015, V2015, etc) is the year that the issue was published. If you want to have the series year included, you would have to put the Volume label within the filename - which also helps Mylar in distinguishing the series when there are multiple volumes of a given series that exist in your watchlist (ie. comic-man annual #003 (2017).cbr, comic-man v2015 annual #003 (2017).cbr, comic-man annual v2015 #003 (2017).cbr all should be recognized fine).

It also matters if you have series-annual integration enabled or not as this determines whether or not Mylar will ignore or attempt to scan/parse filenames that exist within a given series directory.

If you want to attach the debug log to show the failure to recognize, I can probably help more as well.

BTW, moving this into it's own thread since it's a problem/issue not a FAQ :)