Mass Import fails(?)

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Hawk

Mass Import fails(?)

Post by Hawk »

Hey, new here!

I'm trying to import my existing library.
I enter my comic directory, mark the "Auto-add new series" button and scan the library.
Checking the logs, it seems to scan everything, then says "Starting mass import ... x records."
And that's it, nothing else happens.

I might be missing something (or might be mistaken at how it is supposed to work).
Adding the series manually (search -> add series) will find the existing files and fill it in neatly.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mass Import fails(?)

Post by evilhero »

Hawk wrote:Hey, new here!

I'm trying to import my existing library.
I enter my comic directory, mark the "Auto-add new series" button and scan the library.
Checking the logs, it seems to scan everything, then says "Starting mass import ... x records."
And that's it, nothing else happens.

I might be missing something (or might be mistaken at how it is supposed to work).
Adding the series manually (search -> add series) will find the existing files and fill it in neatly.
TBH I haven't looked at the import library function in a very long time, although it was working with most provided the file naming was of a semi-standard nature.

From what I can recall, once you hit the scan it will attempt to scan the given directory (and subdirectory) and store the necessary data. It will give a blank webpage though upon completion. Once it's done running that portion (or you get a message, or just get impatient - any of those), you have to manually go to the Import Results Management screen. You can get to this screen by clicking on the Manage tab, then the Advanced Options and then the Import Results Management screen. From there you'll see a list of all the series it detected and was able to hopefully figure out if it's ok to proceed to import. If you have series in the lower portion (where it says Confirmation is needed), then you'll have to manually confirm the series (it will flip back to a search results screen, as there was more than one match Mylar came up with and couldn't figure out which one it was OR the series already exists on your watchlist). It's a bit of a pain I realize but with all the various reboots of series over the years with the exact same title, and given how there isn't a standardized naming convention for issues it's a necessary evil in order to ensure that the series that's imported is tied to the actual correct series so Mylar can monitor it properly.

If you have any questions about the import, or the process, or you encounter some bugs - please let me know, since I haven't ran much against it, every little thing helps make it that much better (hopefully).
Hawk

Re: Mass Import fails(?)

Post by Hawk »

Easier than having to search for each series, big help!

The only bug I see is series such as "All New Invaders" or "Amazing X Men" don't match their counterparts with the hyphen (-) in them.
I added All-New Invaders, but they're not detected on as being on the watchlist because it searches for "All New Invaders"

Noticed some other smaller problems with punctuation, but I can see it might be annoying to get correct.

Nothing big, but as you say, the little things help :)