Can't Find Comics

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Ghozt

Can't Find Comics

Post by Ghozt »

First off let me say thanks for such a wonderful program its made my comic reading life a million times easier, but I've noticed since the update that Mylar is unable to find any of my comics that are marked as wanted by mylar itself. The log shows that its unable to find the comics using the experimental method but as soon as I manually mark the comic as wanted (again) from the comic series view page then it finds the comic and downloads the corresponding nzb. Am I missing something or maybe I'm not doing something correctly but everything was working prior to the last couple of updates. Any light or help on this situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Can't Find Comics

Post by evilhero »

Usually when things go wonky with no real explanation (off the top of my head, I can't think of a reason as to why it would do what it's doing for you), shutting down Mylar and starting it up again is usually the best course of action. There's probably a good chance that it errored out behind the scenes and you never saw the error because it was suppressed - restarting Mylar in these cases usually fix 80% of the problems on a clean reload.

When you say that it's unable to find the comics via the Experimental method, how is it doing it? Are you letting it do the search via the RSS feeds and it can't find anything that way ? Are you waiting the 6hrs (or whatever time you set for nzb searches in the config) for it to do the searching ?

The search that happens when the RSS goes only checks the RSS feeds for new releases - alot of times, for whatever reason, the Experimental option won't return anything but after subsequent tries it will...I'm pretty sure the service is being overloaded and it just has to wait in those cases. I'm not quite sure if that's what's happening here though. Clicking on 'Wanted' will do the RSS (which would return NIL as I indicated above), but then it will do the actual API search which would return the hits as it's not hitting the RSS feeds.
Ghozt

Re: Can't Find Comics

Post by Ghozt »

Thank for the help, after the restart it worked again. I'm not sure why it wasnt working before but I'm glad it is now.