Manual Post-Processing bug

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
CBurn

Manual Post-Processing bug

Post by CBurn »

When I run manual post-processing on issues in my watch list it successfully completes the post-processing, however instead of renaming the issue and placing it into the folder for the series, it creates a folder with the renaming scheme in the series folder and places the issue inside without renaming it. Happy to provide logs if necessary, but should be easily reproducible. When an issue is downloaded and auto processes correctly it correctly renames the issue file itself and places it inside the root of the series folder.

It would also be helpful if the autoProcessComics script would work properly when manually downloading an item. Many times I've found Mylar to be unable to find a series for some reason, I find/download it manually and set it to run the script and nothing happens, but Mylar recognizes it fine if I run a manual post-process check on my complete folder. If I had to guess it's because the issue isn't marked as snatched in Mylar so the script ignores these files when run.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Manual Post-Processing bug

Post by evilhero »

CBurn wrote:When I run manual post-processing on issues in my watch list it successfully completes the post-processing, however instead of renaming the issue and placing it into the folder for the series, it creates a folder with the renaming scheme in the series folder and places the issue inside without renaming it. Happy to provide logs if necessary, but should be easily reproducible. When an issue is downloaded and auto processes correctly it correctly renames the issue file itself and places it inside the root of the series folder.
I haven't come across this issue myself, and I use the manual post-processing quite heavily in most cases. So I can't currently reproduce this, whether it's a build issue or an OS issue or both it's unclear atm. I'm just going to assume you're using the development build of Mylar ?

If I were to take a blind stab at this, I would think that it may be a problem related to one of the Format Strings (Folder or Filename in the configuration), that is causing it to carry an extra directory level into the path.

If you could provide the log for one of the issues it's failing on (just the mylar.log file), and provide your folder and filename format strings it would be helpful in this case and I can try to work things through with you.
CBurn wrote:It would also be helpful if the autoProcessComics script would work properly when manually downloading an item. Many times I've found Mylar to be unable to find a series for some reason, I find/download it manually and set it to run the script and nothing happens, but Mylar recognizes it fine if I run a manual post-process check on my complete folder. If I had to guess it's because the issue isn't marked as snatched in Mylar so the script ignores these files when run.
Yeah this has been requested before, but atm it's not an easy doable process to convert. When a file gets snatched from within Mylar, it's not the status that's the selling point to the post-processing, it's the issueid/comicid that get thrown at it behind the scenes. Mylar then uses this information to ensure that the data is correct when post-processing. Without having those, then it becomes a manual post-process simply because it doesn't know anything about the file or what series it's tied to. Because of this, it has to be able to parse the filename that's passed to it, instead of just using the id's (which make things alot easier from the matchup standpoint). I'll attempt to revisit this soon, as I know it's wanted by users - I'm just trying to finish flushing out alot of the errors with ComicVine and the errors it's causing in alot of things within the program. Once that's done, I can dedicate some time to this. :)
CBurn

Post by CBurn »

Apologies, I knew I should have double checked what info I gave you. I'm running this on a Win32 server, cloned it from the master source

Here's my most current mylar.log:
http://pastebin.com/DKneBXEF

And my rename options are as follows
Folder Format:

$Publisher\$Series ($Year)
File Format:
$Series Vol.$VolumeY $Issue ($Year)

I've also got issue number padding selected using the 00x format.

If it's just a setting I goofed up and/or manual post-processing is fixable the autoProcessComics would be a nicety as it's not a big deal for me to run the manual post, I just don't want to have to fix the folders every time.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I haven't had a chance to look thru the log (looking on a phone really sucks), but saw that you mentioned you were on the master build.

I would highly suggest switching to the development branch as its more up to date and has alot of fixes that aren't in the master as of yet. I'm pretty sure that the errors you're experiencing will go away with the switch.

If you're unsure how to switch branches.. Shutdown Mylar first, from the Git shell (or command prompt), cd into the Mylar directory. Run a 'git pull' then do a 'git checkout development'.

Your db and config.ini will not change, and if there are any changes to the db it will get done by Mylar on the first run on the new build :)
CBurn

Post by CBurn »

Switched to development and that fixed the manual post-processing issue with it creating a folder, so it appears you already fixed this in the past, thanks!