Unraid Post-Processing Issues with Docker

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
maknilsin

Unraid Post-Processing Issues with Docker

Post by maknilsin »

Hi, 

I’ve read a few posts in this forum to get an idea of how I should be configuring Mylar via Docker on Unraid. However I’m still having quite a few issues with this and was hoping someone could give me a steer as to what piece I’m still missing. 

So like many, I can get manual post-processing working fine, but I’m getting mixed results with CDH. I’m using both Sabnzbd and Mylar via docker and these are the mappings I’m using:

Sabnzbd:

/data/usenet = /mnt/user/data/usenet/

Within Sabnzbd the Completed Download Folder is set to the mapping of /data/usenet I then have a category “comics” that is pointed to /data/usenet/comics

Mylar:

/downloads = /mnt/user/data/usenet/comics

In Download settings I have added the SABnzbd Category of “comics”. I have enabled CDH and checked that Mylar / SABnzbd are on seperate machines as they are on docker. I’ve then flagged the SABnzbd Download Directory as /data/usenet

I have uploaded a care package here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Orj9N ... share_link

Appreciate any help in advance!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Unraid Post-Processing Issues with Docker

Post by evilhero »

The SABnzbd download directory option has to be pointing to a location that Mylar knows of - in this case the mount point you indicated as /downloads, not what it resolves to (because it doesn't know that, the docker image does and remaps it).

You also have to make sure that the user running Mylar has full permissions to the /mnt/user/data/usenet/comics directory - since SAB will be writing data to those directories. Unless you specify the user:group and permissions within sabnzbd it will generate them as the sabnzbd user default permissions, and if the user running Mylar is different it will not be able to read the directory you're pointing it to.
maknilsin

Post by maknilsin »

evilhero wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:57 am The SABnzbd download directory option has to be pointing to a location that Mylar knows of - in this case the mount point you indicated as /downloads, not what it resolves to (because it doesn't know that, the docker image does and remaps it).

You also have to make sure that the user running Mylar has full permissions to the /mnt/user/data/usenet/comics directory - since SAB will be writing data to those directories. Unless you specify the user:group and permissions within sabnzbd it will generate them as the sabnzbd user default permissions, and if the user running Mylar is different it will not be able to read the directory you're pointing it to.
So I'm still running into post-processing issues after following these steps. Sometimes the usenet files will post-process, but more often than not they do not. Here is my carepackage. I'd really appreciate if you could take a look to see if there is anything I am still missing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T71wvj ... share_link
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There was a recent push to master (like an hr or so ago) to address this issue. The problem is that SABnzbd had removed some unneeded API endpoints that weren't being used in newer versions. Mylar unfortunately, was using one of those endpoints that SABnzbd removed and calling it would cause an error.

So when it went to download something via SABnzbd, if it triggered that endpoint check (which was based on % completion, nothing else really), it would error and kill the current process so that it couldn't post-process anything downloaded (and also any subsequent post-processing done thru CDH).

Updating your docker to the latest image (v0.7.0) should fix the download issues you're having in relation SABnzbd.
maknilsin

Post by maknilsin »

That's great news! I've updated the docker and I'll let you know if I still run into the same issue.