DDL download location

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
jefftr66

Re: DDL download location

Post by jefftr66 »

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Code: Select all

20-Nov-2020 07:54:29 - INFO    :: mylar.initialize.73 : MAIN : Starting Mylar on http://-REDACTED-:8090/
20-Nov-2020 07:54:29 - ERROR   :: mylar.initialize.187 : MAIN : [ERROR] Port -REDACTED- is in use on 8090.
This is throughout the logs, which basically means it wasn't able to fully shutdown and perform a restart as the port was still in use (for w/e reason). Because it can't startup, it means the queues were never shutdown properly and continue to run - so you're not starting from a clean queue perspective (which means that if a queue is locked/dead, it won't get reinitialized on restart since the process that is running it is not killed).

You'll have to find any stray Mylar processes and kill them (maybe you ran it as a daemon, and then tried to run it directly via CLI which would not kill the daemon process). If you are running it via daemon and occassionally via CLI, you need to ensure that one is not running prior to starting the other.
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

Hm..I'm only running it in Docker - I'm a linux noob so not clear what running via daemon vs CLI means...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

So stop your docker, make sure it's not running. Then start docker up after a few seconds.

You should not get any port in use messages during startup. If you do, then it's still running and you need to make sure that the docker isn't running.

Daemon mode is when it runs in the background. This is typical for docker usage
CLI mode is when you initiate the start command from a command line prompt (ie. python Mylar.py) in which case you lose control of the console as the program is spitting out information directly to the screen.
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

I know how to stop individual containers but how do I stop docker entirely?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm not a docker person at all, so I probably meant to say that you stop the mylar container to ensure that it is not running at all.
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

OK I just started and stopped the container and here is the carepkg

https://mega.nz/folder/Sa4gDRYD#vyWR3_MrmH7rGOMVAs-ZVA
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

Sorry, when I restarted the debug logging was turned off. The updated carepkg is there now.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Sorry for the delay in response - busy weekend.

From glancing at your config and some logs it looks like you have:

Code: Select all

destination_dir = /storage/comix
comic_dir = /storage/comix
check_folder = /storage/comix
Which is overall bad.

Your destination_dir (Comic Location) is set to /storage/comix - which means any newly created series will have the given series directory created therein. This by itself is fine.

Your comic_dir is from your Import A Directory session. It looks like you did an import and used the option to set the import path to
your Comic Location path, meaning that it didn't move any files during import but just kept the location and set Mylar to monitor that location (/storage/comix). Again combined with your destination_dir which is the same, this is fine as well.

Your check_folder is set to monitor your Comic Location for new downloads. What this means is that it will reiterate over your entire /storage/comix path trying to post-process issues back onto itself (which will then come up as being duplicates, so nothing gets post-processed as they already exist).

Change your check_folder location to something outside of the /storage/comix path (ie. not a child of it) or completely disable the Folder Monitor for the time being. Once you do that, you should be able to track things better as to why things aren't being post-processed.
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

Got it, thanks. That makes sense