What is your setup??

Anything non-Mylar related

What is your setup??

Postby vmcosco » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Thought it might be nice to share our comic book set ups. I may be moving from an iPad to a Surface so I am curious what setups other people have and what works.

Here is my setup using a Windows server and iPad:

1) Deluge client set to download weekly comic packs
2) Mylar searches packs for wanted issues, processes, tags and moves them to my comics directory
3) ComicStreamer monitors comics directory and imports new issues (ComicStreamer runs behind nginx with a reverse proxy on my personal domain so I can access from outside my home network)
4) Chunky Comic Reader on iPad connects to ComicStreamer to either download or stream comics from anywhere

Very happy with the workflow.
vmcosco

Re: What is your setup??

Postby lnlytrll » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Do Chunky Reader, ComicStreamer, or Uboooquity have lists like ComicRack? I'm still maintaining a windows box solely for the purpose of running ComicRack, because it's the only server/app that I know of that will let me create lists to sync to my iPad, based either on a single title, grouped titles with a common term, or a "catch-all" that syncs the 10 oldest unread books.

I do love ComicRack, but it's so out of date and I'd love to ditch my Windows box.
lnlytrll

Return to General